1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mp3 to CD

Discussion in 'CD-R(W) Media' started by daigh, Nov 26, 2006.

1. daigh

daigh Member

Hi,
    I am pretty much clueless when it comes to mp3 files. I recently bought an audio book that I could only find on mp3 format. I didn't think it was going to be a big deal to convert the files, but I have absolutely no idea how to do it. The seller tried to explain it, but they couldn't understand that I know nothing about mp3 files. I need someone who can explain this in very basic terms. A suggustion as to what program is easiest to use would be appreciated as well. Thanks very much.

2. Digidave

Digidave Regular member

Why do you need to convert the file? It should be playable on your computer. If you want to burn it to a CD, any burning software will automatically do the conversion for you.

3. daigh

daigh Member

It is playable on the computer, but I need it to be on cd's so I can listen to it on a normal cd player. I didn't think to check my normal burning software. I just did however, and it doesn't work. It says that the files are not in the right format. The program is called Record Now.
    The seller had me download an MP3 splitter program. Apparently this is supposed to split this one huge file into smaller tracks. I tried this as well. The tracks were turned into wav format according to their file names, but the burning program still couldn't use them. I got the same message. Any help would be appreciated. Like I said, I am totally clueless when it comes to this kind of stuff and I can't find any explanations on the net without a sales pitch.

4. Digidave

Digidave Regular member

Sorry about the delay, I didn't get an automatic E-Mail notifying me of your response. Have you solved your problem yet? If not, I would suggest you download another burning application & try it. This will tell me if your RecordNow software is the problem. Personally, I use Nero, so I'm not familiar with other applications. This link will lead to one that should work with mp3's or any other format for that matter. Just download it & try burning your file(s) with it. If it still doesn't work, you may have other issues.

http://www.afterdawn.com/software/cdr_software/cdr_tools/burn4free.cfm

5. daigh

daigh Member

Hi,
    Thanks for the link. I think this would work, except the file is about 10 minutes too long to burn onto a cd. Do you know a good program to split large mp3 files into smaller ones? I do want to take a sec and thank you very much for all the help. I'd probably still be completely lost if not for your help. Thanks again.

6. Digidave

Digidave Regular member