1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mp3 to WAV (HELP PLEASE)

Discussion in 'Audio' started by weazel200, Feb 26, 2005.

1. weazel200

weazel200 Regular member

I have several mp3 files which I would like to convert to wav. Does anyone know of a good reliable program which can do this. Any help is greatly appreciated.

2. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

JetAudio is available FREE --- has a Ripper -- a Converter -- a Recorder -- a Burner -- a Player and a Broadcaster !!

Load your Mp3 into the Converter -- all your selections will be batched to the folder of your choice as wav after you have chosen the appropriate bitrate .
    JetAudio is available here :-

http://www.jetaudio.com/download/

Have fun !

Edited for typo

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2005
  3. weazel200

weazel200 Regular member

Cheers for the link Jeanc1. You say it has an mp3 to wav converter but is this available in the freeware version or will I have to pay for the pro version.

4. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

All that i said is available in the freeware version.l Click that link !

5. weazel200

weazel200 Regular member

Does it have the option to rip back to mp3. I did a test where i ripped an audio file at 32kbs (lowest quality u can get i think) and converted it to the highest wav bitrate and it sounded exactly the same. This program doesn't work.

6. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

Rip back ????? going from lowest quality to highest ?? What are you talking about ?? You do know that you cant get nothing for nothing -- if you downgrade it first and you want to put it back to higher quality after -- save your original.

In closing what does not work on that program ??

7. weazel200

weazel200 Regular member

Ok I seem to be confusing u. Bascially I ripped a cd audio file to 32kbs (971kb). I then converted to highest quality wav u can get (56mb) using jetAudio but the wav sounds like the original. Dreadful quality. Is this suppose to happen.

8. billwebso

billwebso Guest

Once the bitrate of an audio file is decreased, you cannot increase the quality of that file by increasing the bitrate no mater what format you change it too. Example: 36kbps to 196kbps. Your resulting 196kbps file will sound the same as your 26kbps file.

Basically, you can't improve the quality of your song by simply increasing the bitrate.

9. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

You are not confusing me ~~

[bold]billwebso[/bold] gave you your answer -- hence
    is not appropriate -- !! There are excellent pages on the web that will give you the basics of manipulating audio data -- !

10. billwebso

billwebso Guest

Jeanc1: I just downloaded JetAudio and love the interface. However, is it not possible to convert or rip to mp3 format?

11. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

Check if you have the :-

Installed Extension Packs:
    MP3 Encoding Extension Pack
    Sound Effect Extension Pack
    Recording Extension Pack
    Sound Extension Pack
    Tools Extension Pack

Those are the PLUS version you pay for.
    http://www.jetaudio.com/products/jetaudio/basic_plus.html

The free version rips to wav !!

12. weazel200

weazel200 Regular member

Thanks for the help everyone. I now understand that the bitrate cannot be increased even if it is converted to a different format. This has cleared up alot of problems I had and I will make sure I rip files from my cd to mp3 at 320kbs. P.s. is 320kbs the highest bitrate u can get?

13. billwebso

billwebso Guest

You want to rip the files as wav for the highest bitrate. This is an uncompressed format with no loss.

14. whoami11

whoami11 Member

dbpoweramp is the best software out there cause it converts anything into everything including real media, AAC etc. Just make sure that you install proper codec besides the original application from the website. just google it.