1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mp3 tracks not showing up, URGENT DEADLINE

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by jthwalker, Sep 13, 2004.

1. jthwalker

jthwalker Member

I am using Toast titanium 6 with mac os x Panther to burn an
    mp3 disk with 161 tracks, 616.2 mb, When I open the disk on
    my computer, all 161 tracks appear and play, but when I put
    it in my mp3 stereo and mp3 walkman, it only shows 140
    tracks on the disk. How can I fix this problem? It needs fixed
    by the end of this week. I also tried burning at the slowest
    speed with the same problem.

2. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

Jthwalker~~

Double posting wont get you a faster answer !! It's not well accepted in here ! Check the rules .
    It's annoying when you answer a post and you find out the very same post by the same individual has already been answered !
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/108233
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Do It Right , and you will be a Happy Camper ![/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 13, 2004
  3. Londor

Londor Guest

Try burning the CD using iTunes:

1. Choose iTunes > Preferences, then click the Burning button at the top of the window.

2. Choose MP3 CD as the Disc Format, then click OK.

3. Create a playlist with all the songs you want to burn. Make sure all the songs are in MP3 format. If a song or a group of songs are in other format choose iTunes > Preferences > Importing and select MP3 in the "Import Using" drop-down menu, select the bitrate and click OK. Go to the library and select all the songs you want to convert. Click on Advanced in the menu bar and select "Convert selection to MP3". The computer will create a copy of the selected songs in MP3 format.

4. Select the playlist, then click the Burn Disc button.

5. Insert a blank CD-R disc and click Burn Disc again.

If you still have the same problem the songs that are not playing may have been encoded in a way that your MP3 player and Walkman can not read. Try re-encoding the songs as explained earlier.

4. Molder

Molder Regular member

I had the same problem with an mp3 disc with over 200 songs on it, I could only see up to tracks 160ish, but if I let it run past 160 the songs still played ok, but I could not select say track 189.

I thought it was the players limitations, not the way in which it was encoded or playlisted.

Mark