1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MP3

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by jah711, May 7, 2004.

1. jah711

jah711 Regular member

Hello,

I burnt some MP3 files on a CD-R disc. The disc, however, will not play in a portable CD player. It plays well through the CD player in the stereo system, but not on any portable CD players I have tried.
    How can I fix this issue. Are there certain CD-R's to use to prevent this? Or is there a method to use in the burning program to fix this?
    I use Nero Express.
    I burnt one disc as data(This didn't read on portable CD Player)
    I burnt another as tracks(This didn't read in portable CD player, but read in stereo system)

2. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

Is the portable player supposed to play the mp3s?

3. jah711

jah711 Regular member

How can I tell if it supposed to play MP3's, what would I look for? And is it possible to make it play for portable CD player?

4. Isioviel

Isioviel Member

Most CD players will say somewhere on the m if they are able to play an MP3 as well as your regular CD sound file types. Using certain CD-R's isn't really what is wrong. Most likely your CD player is not an MP3 play as well.

You can try to convert the MP3's into a format that your player will support, like .wav

On a side not, you had a little bad English there. You cannot 'burnt' something. In the case of your sentence, you 'burned.' Not trying to be an arse in correcting you, I know that there are many on these boards that do not speak English as their first language.

5. jah711

jah711 Regular member

Ha....thanks for the grammar correction...no offense taken...so I take it you are not aware of the new Webster Dictionary. It's in the dictionary. "Burnt" is a word...used in the sense of "burned". As well as the past tense word "dreamed" also used as "dreamt". But anyway...thanks for your help.
    Now...one last question....how do you convert MP3's into .wav files?

6. andmerr

andmerr Guest

HI jah711 it should be much the same from one nero ver to the other. I'm running nero express 6

1. Open nero express

2. (what would you like to burn)

SELECT music

3. THEN once you have highlighted music ,select audio
    CD tab

4. add the titles from where they are located on your hard drive by either the drop and drag method or by highlighting them and press the add button.

5. then press the (next) button at the lower end of the screen

6. fill in the title and artist info ( entirely up to you ) then press the (burn) button.

from there it should process your music complilation.

have fun

andmerr