1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MP4 file....i want to edit parts of the video

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by billybob, Aug 9, 2007.

1. billybob

billybob Regular member

Hey. Firstly im not sure this is in the completely right section of the forum, but its the closest i could find.

Secondly, im a noob at this video authoring.

SO, what i want to do.

I want to edit a video of me doing a crazy jump into a resevoir. I want to bleep out certain parts of it. I would like to be able to cut out certain parts of the video and rearrange them, or replay them etc. For example, when i take the jump, i want to replay that couple of seconds a few times. I would also like to be able to "freeze" certain parts of the video for a few seconds, and display text or an image across the screen for that period. ALso i would like to be able to slow down a few bits of it.
    There are also a few different videos of a few different jumps, like i said, i want to take clips out of each one, and/or join them together.

Finally, i would also like to play music of my choice in the background of the video/s.

what i would like from you guys

I would like advice from you guys, and/or a link to any online guide that could maybe simplify it for me if you dont have the time youselves, i know how busy you are. Also a link to a program that would be suitable for these purposes would be brilliant aswell.

what i have

I have a few mp4 files that will only play with quicktime installed. These are all of the various jumps.

Thank you.

2. sparkery

sparkery Member

I can only offer advice as a fellow noob. I have two methods. The first one is to convert the MP4's to MPEG 2, using TMPGEnc 4 express. I then load the mp2 and use tmpgenc "dvd Author" to cut and edit the bits I want to delete, insert etc and to make the final DVD. You can add your background audio with either program as, for instance, an mp3. The text can be added as a subtitle but you'd need a subtitle program such as subtitle workshop.

Here is a guide to TMPGEnc DVD author: http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/advancedtmpgencdvdauthorguide.cfm

The second method is to use nero vision express 4. It will do MP4 and allows you to add sound/music and there are some editing options as well. I have only used this once on a home movie and didn't have to do all the things you want to. Maybe some one else can help with the other things.

If nobody else has any suggestions I would try the first method.

I'll probably get bagged by the expert guys but it works for me.

3. billybob

billybob Regular member

Thank you for your help sparkery, ill look into it. :)