1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mp4 help--mp4 files not detected

Discussion in 'Portable audio players' started by kryptonix, Mar 8, 2007.

1. kryptonix

kryptonix Member

Hi. i recently got an UXcell 2 gig Glacier Mp4. the first thing i did was format the entire thing. Then i put some songs on it, but when i try to go to the movies folder on the mp4 it says: Empty Disk!
    Can someone tell me whats wrong and how to fix it? Thnx

2. Gandhi91

Gandhi91 Member

you probably have to put the video into the correct format(one that is readable by your MP3/4)If thats not the problem you have to format AFTER uploading the media into the media player.Hope I helped.
    If you still dont know what to do try the following link : http://www.mp4nation.com/support/index.php?CID=faq

3. giles77

giles77 Member

4. giles77

giles77 Member

5. seeking

seeking Member

Hi. i recently got an UXcell 2 gig Glacier Mp4. Hourglass stuck on screen. How do I unstick it???

6. Gandhi91

Gandhi91 Member

Plug it in to your computer(make sure its off at this time) and hold the play/pause button down while turning it on(still plugged in)....wait 15 seconds and let go and then quickly press fast forward.I had the same problem a week ago...your gonna have to do this every once in awhile(sorry) if the trick I gave you doesn't work, try variation(keeping only the step that tells you to hold down the play/pause button as a rule to always follow***)

7. giles77

giles77 Member

Thank you for the tip Ghandi. Hey Seeking, did the trick worked for you?
    I had the same problem with the hourglass but now is too late to do what Ghandi sais, I upgrade it wit the wrong firmware, then tried to reset it by short circuit the pins and now is dead lol I ordered a new one on ebay for $40 bucks. I'm courious if this works because I'm sure it will hapen again with the new one I will get sooner or later.

8. seeking

seeking Member

Thanks Gandhi, I tried it but no luck. Still just got an hourglass. Tried Play/pause + various others still no luck.

9. Gandhi91

Gandhi91 Member

For those that used the trick with success your welcome! but seeking I don't know any other tricks but you can go to the following website
    MP4Nation
    ***You an also search www.google.com for help but you'll have to filter through all the ads for ebay***

10. seeking

seeking Member

I emailed uxcell About the hourglass this was the reply. I have not done this as my pc will not access the MP4 it states it is connected but it is corrupt. Dear customer,

There are two steps for you to solve it out. But please make sure that your pc
    is not affected by virus and your pc is not protected by any anti-virus
    software. If your player is not Built-In Rechargeable Li-ion battery, you'd
    better take the battery out at first, and if there are important files, you'd
    better copy them on your pc. Normally, the firmware upgrade cannot cause any
    loss of the files you have stored on your player.
    1.Please install the CD: enter into the software that included in the CD,
    choose SET UP MP3 utilities;
    2.Please upgrade the firmware: firstly, please upgrade related firmware from
    our website
    (http://www.uxcell.com/uxcell/retail/info/infoLayout.php?faqtype=TDOWNLOADS&action=faq),
    secondly, please have a check with your pc if the usb port is disconnected
    with any other software except the mp3/4 player.
    Thirdly, begin to upgrade. In the page of firmware upgrade, please click
    “select new firmware file ( that is the one you download from our website)�
    then begin to upgrade.
    After you finish the process of firmware upgrade, please switch the player to
    on position, wait for about 5 seconds, you can find the player can work well.
    Please kindly have a try and advise.

Best Regards
    Uxcell customer service

11. Gandhi91

Gandhi91 Member

Awesome I'm happy for you...and now i know where i can link people to if they have problems...BTW Did it work?

12. Gandhi91

Gandhi91 Member

oooh! I just re-read it...sorry your PC wouldnt recognize it...i don't have the problem because i use a MAC Os X and it automatically recognizes it...You should go to a friend or relatives house and try it on a different OS.

13. giles77

giles77 Member

It is a joke seeking. I received the same e-mail from them. It is a email that they send to everybody. You can not expect anything from these chinesse, there is no custumer support.
    There is no firmware on the website they gave you, BUT I see that in the last 2 days they addad some firmware files that were non-existent before. NOT FOR GLACIER though.
    You can try the firmware for "Platinum 2.0" MP4 Playre Firmware" wich is similar but I can not guarantee because of the chinesse programers.

14. seeking

seeking Member

I got the computer to connect to the mp4 I just ignored the fact that it was not showing up as connected in ‘my computer’. I loaded the platinum 2.0 . Now I have a lovely white screen. I wrote back to the Chinese and they assured me that the Glacier firmware will be on the site (given in the previous email) within 2 days.. Just have to wait and see.

15. giles77

giles77 Member

maybe. I had the same white screen problem. Forget it. Just go on ebay, buy a new glacier different collor than the broken one and you will have 2 cases and 2 bateries for backup.
    Hope thet the new glacier will work without problems and follow these instructions to mantain it:
    http://www.mympxplayer.org/how-to-unplug-remove-your-mpx-player-from-windows-vt49.html

http://www.mympxplayer.org is a good resource.

I HOPE THOUGH THAT THEY WILL PUT GLACIER FIRMWARE ON WEBSITE AND YOU WILL REVIVE YOUR PLAYER, BUT DON'T HOPE TOO MUCH.

also chech this for other chinesse MP4 if you want other product: http://www.chinavasion.com/index.php/cName/mp4-players?osCsid=567cfc93262b17f63d6780e5a4e2b124/

did the message sound like this?

Dear customer,

Please kindly wait for a few more days, the firmware will be available soon on
    our website.

Regards
    Uxcell customer service

and before like this?

Dear customer,

Please connect your player with your pc then click
    the removable disk(that is the player on "my computer") on the right, then
    choose "format", under the format file, please choose "FAT" but not
    "FAT32".then installl the CD again, then Please try to charge the player via
    usb port of your PC for 3 hours with
    the power button moves to on. After disconnecting with usb port, press and
    hold the play button to turn the player on. Does any picture appear on the
    screen?

Best Regards
    Uxcell customer service

16. seeking

seeking Member

I do hope the Firmware is added to the site. My response was similar.
    I wrote to them, useing my best Chinese English, "What firmware for Glacier 2gig Mp4" I recieved this on the 19th,

Dear customer,

the firmware will show on the website in these 2 days , thanks

Best Regards
    Uxcell customer service

17. orvil01

orvil01 Guest

mine did the whole hourglass thing after 1 day, i was mad so i contacted support and they claim to be sending me another one without sending this one back.

18. seeking

seeking Member

I wrote to the chinese again asking about the firmware and they sent me

giles77 s message. Dear customer,

Please connect your player with your pc then click
    the removable disk(that is the player on "my computer") on the right, then
    choose "format", under the format file, please choose "FAT" but not
    "FAT32".then installl the CD again, then Please try to charge the player via
    usb port of your PC for 3 hours with
    the power button moves to on. After disconnecting with usb port, press and
    hold the play button to turn the player on. Does any picture appear on the
    screen?

Best Regards
    Uxcell customer service

They must just randomly send out an email from a list and hope that you go away.

Nice to hear that they might replace these Glaciers for some people. orvil01 Let us know if you actually get one.

19. giles77

giles77 Member

I got mine from ebay. I have to send it back to Hong Kong. They say they will replace. I don't believe so but I sent it anyway. I sent just the case without battery. At least if they won't send me anything back I will have an extra battery for it. a battery is $10

20. seeking

seeking Member

giles77 Have they sent you a replacement yet???