1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MP4 i dont know what to buy?????

Discussion in 'Portable audio players' started by mandamo, Oct 24, 2007.

1. mandamo

mandamo Guest

hi, i want to buy my daughter a portable device that plays videos/films etc, but i dont know what to buy, ipod,apple,mp4???i really dont understand, she basically wants to watch her favourite film on a thing(lol sorry) but whats it called plx help its getting close to xmas. thank you ***email removed***

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2007
  2. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

No email addresses allowed...the forum rules are in my sig for review.

3. dreaver

dreaver Member

Apple iPod or microsoft zune should be OK, youngsters love the two very much. especially the zune 2.0 (which will come out in Nov.), it is better if your daughter is 16 below.

4. hemi426

hemi426 Member

Sony Walkman 2gb less than $100.00 bucks, it plays videos, music, and digital pictures. I have 4 for all my kids and they generally hold up to five full length disney movies, and a few albums in the mp3 format. Great value and nice and easy to use, also they have a fm tuner cant go wrony with Sony.

5. Mez

Mez Active member

I just got my son a Zune because it was such a deal. He is 18 and there are issues. Dreaver is probably correct, younger kids may like Zunes more becasue they demand less and the software is 'cool', geared for a a younger person. The portable is fine but the software stinks if you are a bit serious.
    iPods you pay a premium I would not pay for a kid. I would pay extra for the best if it was for me. I would get a name brand, not a Chinese knock off. I would get a copy of Media Monkey to manage the music. MM can not be used for a Zune. This is a huge problem since the software is the problem not the device. My computer is only a Pentium III. The processing time is seriously impacter by the Zune. It has software running all the time that can not be turned off. It constantly looks for new tunes even when the main application is not running. You probably want to have a dual core, Vista computer if you are going to get a Zune.