1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mp4 player froze please help

Discussion in 'Portable audio players' started by dbvolcom, May 10, 2007.

1. dbvolcom

dbvolcom Member

i have a mp4 player from china knock off of ipod nano with 8 gb samsung flash memory when i start it it wont pass the first loading screen and i cant do anything
    is there anyway to reformat it or flash the memory or something or reset
    when i connect to comp it says device not workin properly so i cant do it that way

2. bulldogz

bulldogz Guest

Your gonna have to format your player.Instructions can be found here.

3. dbvolcom

dbvolcom Member

problem is my comp wont read the mp3 player because its froze so when i connect my usb it will say something like hardware defective or something and if i check under devices its a question mark so i cant use it is there anyway to use command prompt or something or any other way please help

4. bulldogz

bulldogz Guest

Alright I'm not sure but I think you have a dead player and will have to perform dead player recovery.Here are the instructions on how to do it.Good Luck!

Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2007
  5. chotumia

chotumia Guest

hi
    It seems I am also having the same problem....
    I've performed dead player recovery and the following driver is installed "USB 2.0 (HS) AFDU device" but my 8GB mp4 player bought from ebay is still not passing the first loading screen. Neither can i open through computer. FYI, I copied windows boot.inf file in this flash memory for some purpose and after that when I restarted the mp4 player it was showing this problem..
    Any idea how to fix this problem...

Chotumia

6. bulldogz

bulldogz Guest

It's most likely that you guys have the wrong firmware for your player.See If you can find the right one and install it on your player from this website.To find out your firmware so you can replace go to the tools section of the website.To install your firmware go to this link. This should help and I hope it does.

7. dbvolcom

dbvolcom Member

yeh i tryed the dead player recover but it said there is no drives for this device or something when i tryed to use the audf ini file
    any other options?
    maygbe my audf ini file needs an updated version?

8. jbal08

jbal08 Member

i bought the same 8gb from hongkong and it's not working. did it work for you now? if it did, what did you do?

also, do you have the file bootmanager.sb, hostlink.sb in your disc?