1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mp4 player help

Discussion in 'Portable audio players' started by keiraspal, Aug 27, 2009.

1. keiraspal

keiraspal Member

I have just bought a mp4 player when I connect it to my pc it worked sometime but other times I had to reset it but now when I connect it I get an error message saying did not install correctly and when I try to add music to it I get a message saying I have to format it when I select yes it says no disc installed and when I try to play music I loaded on to it I get a warning saying no music folder installed can anyone please help me?

2. Mez

Mez Active member

Your Chipod died. Too bad you didn't get a name brand. You were lucky, it worked when you got it. When you sync you are playing Russian Roulette. My advice is iif it is working sync once only. The shame is you can get a name brand so cheap why buy a Chipod? The ones that don't work at all were sold knowning they would never work. Because they are junk there is no support. They know they never last more than a month or two. If you return it you will only get another piece of junk. The broken ones probably sell for less than a dollar so they make money on the 'free' return. You will not get a good one back.

Buy a Sansa they are only about 25% more than a Chipod and are more relyable than most mp3 players. ipods are not relyable. They aren't Chipods you can expect 1.5 yrs out of them +/- .5 years. They will usually last longer than the 1 yr warentee.