1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mp4 please help

Discussion in 'Portable audio players' started by greentina, Oct 15, 2008.

1. greentina

greentina Member

hi l got a mp4 for my son its a mulberry-innovations media player it says it plays avi files l can put music on with no problem but when l do movies the files are there but the screen is blank so l dont no if l am doing it right and the manual is hopeless ,l am on windows vista do l need to load the disc that came with it, please help

2. Mez

Mez Active member

I will answer since no one has. You are one of the many asking for Chipod help when there isn't much if any.

You are trying to watch AVI files, I hope. Mulberry-innovations is probably a new generation of Chipod. Hopefully more relyable than the first generation. Many didn't work out of the box or died in the first week. Chipods are not relyable, they have no warrentees, no tech support and often have problems. They are built from defective parts. However, labor is cheap in China. They can afford to make a piece of juck and sell it for very cheap. When you have problems they can not be fixed. The trick with Chipods is next month their products will be called Cherry innovations or something like that. Every month or so they change their name. The companies that sell Chipods are set up so that they do not take a hit even if the product does not work out of the box. They are priced so that the price of S&H plus a retun to China is at least equal to the cost of the chipod. If you bought it from a middle man try to send it back. In the old days you could buy them in bulk for less than $10 a piece. They make money on a return. The problem is the second one will be no better than the first.

Count youself lucky if it is still playing music.

Check the thread 'mp4 help please' thread with hundreds of replies. I am sure it is a Chipod thread. You might get some ideas.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2008
  3. greentina

greentina Member

thank you so much for your reply l got the thing from toys r us and paid 7o p0unds l have got a movie on it now but l wil keep my eye on it thanks again

4. Mez

Mez Active member

So you were using the correct file format.

I googled the name. It looks like it is a British based high end Chipod. It does have limited customer support. Meaning you can get information and down load plug ins.

I would do as little syncing as possible and no plug-ins. That is when chipods usually die. I found one syncing complaint for your model in a different forum. That was unanswered. Tunes go into limbo during a sync. They are on the unit but are 'lost'. That is probably the beginning of the end. I suspect that unit is toast now. I know you were hoping to use it to watch movies but I suspect the increased syncing, moving movies on and off is asking for trouble. Once it starts to go bad there will be nothing for you to do.

5. bigshopet

bigshopet Member

Thanks Mez, We got ours from same place as greentina, so today its going back. Thanks again for the advice on this hunk o junk.