Discussion in 'Portable audio players' started by jshplayer, May 9, 2007.
hey i got the amv converting tool but how do i use it thanx jeremy
Ok heres the instructions on how to use it:
1. Open "AMV Convert Tool" from the [Start] --> [Programs] --> [MP3 Player Utilities 3.68] menu.
2. Click on the [Add File] icon on the top right of the AMV Video Convert Tool screen.
3. Select the file you want to convert then press the [Open] button.
4. You will now see your file below in the queue.
5. Select the file you want to encode in the queue list below. Then press the [Settings] button on the right hand side to change your encoding settings. If you don't select the file, the [Settings] button is greyed out and you can't click on it.
6. For "screen width and height", change it to "128x96" if you have a 1.5" screen player, or "96x64" if you have a 1.2" screen player.
Make sure "Frames per second" and "image quality" is set to "high".
NOTE: If you have problems with 'Format Error" messages during playback on your player, change the "image quality" to "medium" instead.
Tick "Try another codec" if you have errors trying to encode a video to .AMV, this might fix it.
Click on [OK] button.
7. Click on the "AMV Path" button on the top right to select where you want the new .AMV file to be outputted to.
8. Click on the "Begin" button to start encoding.
9. It will now convert your video and show you the progress down the bottom.
10. If successful, you will the following prompt. If the convert fails, try putting the tick in "Try another codec" option box in your [Settings].
Separate names with a comma.