1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MPC subtitle load failure

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by quantscar, May 3, 2005.

1. quantscar

quantscar Guest

I have tryed every combanation of configuration for the playback options. i am trying to load the subtitles for Battle Royale, but it wont even load a subtitle.

says that i have to change the options, so i changed them to directx 7** and did what it says, but still problem, friends computer set like it says and works with same files, but why on my computer it doesnt work.??? please tell me how i can fix, does it have to do with the ME operating system or mayabe poor vedio card. please send link or explain!!!

2. quantscar

quantscar Guest

3. quantscar

quantscar Guest

4. celtic_d

celtic_d Regular member

MPC's internal subtitle filter requires VMR7/9. Only VMR9 should be available under ME, however you are talking about the settings for quicktime/real media. So is it a mov or rm/rmvb file?

5. quantscar

quantscar Guest

6. celtic_d

celtic_d Regular member

What do you mean just "/bump"??? If you aren't willing to try and help yourself then don't expect any help. I asked a reasonable question and you just completely ignored it. Talk about RUDE.

The directx 7 is only for Quicktime and RealVideo. So is your file real media/quicktime or not? Because if it isn't then as you would expect the dx7/9 setting won't make any difference. Only VMR7/9 will.

7. quantscar

quantscar Guest

its and AVI file, and it says to use vr7 renderless (even thought it shadowed) for non-xp OS computers, i will try vr9 and see if it works thx! the other options i will also change to 9 not 7 thx!

Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2005
  8. quantscar

quantscar Guest

does not work, tryed all combanations, did not work regardless.

9. haralampi

haralampi Member

I observe the same behaviour of MPC.

I am using MPC 6.4.8.4 on Windows XP.
    I am loading an AVI file and am trying to load subtitles. Every time I try to do that I get the same error message, saying that I must change the video renderer type.
    I change it accordingly, see a screenshot of my settings:
    http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y126/vader75/temp/options.jpg

I keep getting the same message every time as is I hadn'r changed everything!?!?

What may be causing this?

10. quantscar

quantscar Guest

bump, anyone with answeres please respond ;) glad to hear i not alone!!!

Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2005
  11. quantscar

quantscar Guest

12. JesusC

JesusC Guest

I am experiencing the same issue. Ctrl L merely tells me to select VMR9 Renderless (which I've already done). Play Subtitles is grayed out in the menu. This is on an avi with a srt subtitle file. I'm using ffdshow-20041012 on a Win2k box.

Here's a possible workaround (worked for me). Go into the ffdshow configuration and enable subtitles there. You won't be able to turn subs on/off thru MPC anymore which can be annoying. I hope someone figures this out. I'd prefer to control subs with MPC.

13. honda2000

honda2000 Member

Alrighty.. I figured it out.. Well for my sake I have. I've been having trouble with subtitles also. And what I found out was I was using the newest Media Player Classic program. What I needed was to use Version 6.4.8.2. With that version I was able to load my movie and the subtitles it came with. Oh, here's the site:
    http://www.softhouse.com.cn/download/download_3.jsp?id=536

Good Luck..