1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MPEG-2 DVD fine on computer, choppy on DVD player

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by karlthek, May 28, 2003.

1. karlthek

karlthek Member

Have converted 12 hours of old analog VHS home movies to MPEG-2 DVD with Studio 8 and burned with neoDVD. Excellent quality. #13 plays on the computer perfectly, but video is extremely choppy (with movement) on the TV's DVD player (Samsung V-2500). I reburned thinking it was the disc itself, but no difference. What am I doing wrong?

2. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

I wouldnt think you are doing anything wrong, were the others you tried playing fine?? You might have an issue with the dvd-/+r media media you are using!

3. karlthek

karlthek Member

Thanks. That's the only thing I can think of also. I did burn twice, but from the same package of Verbatim media. I'll try on a Sony disc and see what happens. There seem to be no other variables because every other one until this one is flawless.

4. Dela

yep, most likely the problem then!

5. karlthek

karlthek Member

Update: Burned different data on a Sony DVD with no problem. Burned still different data on another Verbatim DVD with no problem. I did, however, change two variables: the media I used and I also defragged the HD before doing either of the subsequent burns. The DVD seemed to take less time to burn when the disk was defragged (MS defragger). Takes about 20 minutes to do the actual burn using neoDVD.
    Just thought I would pass this on.

6. Dela

thnx for the info! Sony players do have a lot of problems like this, for instance, some only play re-writable media!