1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mpeg-4 modifier error issue

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by arturs7, Jan 31, 2007.

1. arturs7

arturs7 Member

Hello, i hope someone could help.

When trying to open a video file with Mpeg-4 Modifier, it goes till 100%, and then drops out a message saying "This is not a valid MPEG-4 video (Startcode not found at begginning of frame)Codec: XVID". I've got the same message when tried to open files coded with DIVX3 and that was normal. But what to do when Media Player Classic shows me this file is XVID MPEG-4 Video?! Maybe someone knows how to solve this because bitstream is packed there and i need to unpack it in order to watch on standalone player.
    Thanks in advance!

2. celtic_d

celtic_d Regular member

DivX3 != MPEG-4

Not sure what the problem would be with the Xvid file.
    You might want to look @ http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=78050&page=27

Packed bitstream + multiple b-vop's shouldn't be an issue these days with firmware updates to MTK based players.

3. arturs7

arturs7 Member

celtic_d - yes, that's what i ment. when i tried to unpack DIVX3 coded encoded movies it was ok that it didn't work, cause i understood DivX3 is not MPEG-4. But now this file is encoded with XVID, Windows Media Players says it is XVID Mpeg-4. But it doesn't open anyway, just shows this error. And my MTK player does not have firmware updates, and as i understood from Sony support, it won't have them at all.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2007