1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MPEG and Adobe Premiere 6

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by TXDVDfan, Jul 17, 2002.

1. TXDVDfan

TXDVDfan Member

Help! I just installed Adobe Premiere 6 to do some editing of my mpeg files. I'm trying to create a compilation SVCD. I tried to open a couple of mpeg files I created with TMPGEnc. I got an error message that the file format was not supported, even though the file types listed clearly includes mpeg. I don't get it. I used the DVD to DVD2AVI to TMPGEnc guide to create these files. They play fine on PowerDVD. Anyone have any suggestions or ideas?

2. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

You don't have a codec on your system that would allow tools other than PowerDVD to open MPEG-2 files. .mpg and .mpg are different things, as it might mean either MPEG-1, MPEG-2 or MPEG-4 :)

3. TXDVDfan

TXDVDfan Member

dRD,

Is there a specific codec I would need to open these MPEG-2 files in Premiere?

4. jnihil

jnihil Moderator Staff Member

I have the Ligos codec installed and it seems to allow for Permiere 6 to import mpeg2 files. However, you'll easily go mad editing mpeg2s in Premiere. The small number of key frames makes editing a nightmare, with the video jumping back and forth. I heard that the Ulead product does a better job at this.

BTW, try using the search function. We went through this topic about a week ago.

5. TXDVDfan

TXDVDfan Member

Thanks,

I am looking at Ulead's Video Studio. Is that an easier sw?