1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mpeg, avi

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by newgirl26, May 10, 2007.

1. newgirl26

newgirl26 Member

I am so sorry. I really need a easy question answered. What is the simpliest program to change my files from mpeg and Avi to a regular dvd that plays in my dvd player or xbox. I download movies from linewire and they play on my computer but I can't copy them onto dvd. I'm a novice so please make it easy to understand. thank you

2. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

I use more sophisticated application, but my opinion is that you could try VSO DivXtoDVD

You just have to force the standard (PAL or NTSC). VSO will convert the AVI/MPG movie into a DVD PAL/NTSC standard movie, then authors it in a set of IFOs, BUPs and VOB files. Once it ends, you simply have to burn the output set of files into a 'DVD-Video' with Nero.

It's very simple, but since AVI are often most non-standard, the final result might be wrong.

1) The most common error is caused by AVI with Variable Bit Rate (VBR) audio, which makes the result be out of A/V sync. Read my FAQ and look for a tutorial to identify the AVI with VBR audio stream and to create from those files an AVI with CBR (Constant Bit Rate) audio.

2) Another common reason includes corrupt input input AVI files. Read http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/506096 .

I hope you will be able soon to make at least the most basic operations...

Last edited: May 11, 2007