1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mpeg has sound but when i burnit to vcd sound is gone

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by mpegman, Apr 9, 2003.

1. mpegman

mpegman Member

he peoples i have the same problem as this Joe, I cant burn vcd with sound while my movieplayer IS giving me sound. Ive searched for some stuff about this graphedit but I cant seem to find my way out oif this shit. My file is a concert. Its about 700mb and its decoed from a avi file which was a divx file. at least i think so. I have first ripped the audio of the avi file with virtual dub. Then I converted the movie to mpeg with tempenc and then i tried to make a nice wityh sound mpeg file from it. It worked. It works fine on my PC. It plays good with sound and all but when i burn it and play on my dvd player, theres no sound anymore. :( Hope you can help me out here. Please dont make the english TOO hard, im dutch. No childish language is needed but just dont use dialects and stuff :D.
    Thanks a lot in forward!

ive got the same problem as this guy here and the advice he got was to use graphedit but i dont know anything about that how to do it :(

and yes, i tried!

"Hi all,

I gotta admit I'm a total newb at this... However, first I thought I did quite well downloading all the programs and getting used to them, but now I'm stuck!
    I use TMPGEnc to encode avi files to mpeg. First it worked perfectly, but now I tried to encode a large file of 700MB and I don't get any sound!!! Not even the "audio display" on the "source range" screen gives me any sign of audio being in the file. When I play the file in the media player I DO have sound though!!! How do I get the sound to be encoded to my new mpeg file??? Please help - I've tried for hours, but can't make it on my own!
    Thank y'all in advance,
    Joe "

Last edited: Apr 9, 2003
  2. mpegman

mpegman Member

and this maybe look like a common question but its not the one which is discussed so much i think. I dont get an error. It just does not play the audio... :( Ive spent a lot of cds on it.

btw the video file is the shepards bush concert from bjork....

Last edited: Apr 9, 2003
  3. digdug89

digdug89 Guest

I am also pretty new to this but I will tell you what I know. When encoding with tmpgenc make sure that your use audio edit is checked. I go to the audio tab, click setting, check the change volume box, click ok, then the use audio edit will be checked. I know that if it is NOT checked you will not get any audio with your mpg. Also, I usually run my mpg to ensure it has audio and video before I burn. Hope this helps, and thanks to all who have helped me with all the information needed to get me going.