1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mpeg or video file to dvd disc

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by EvilJohn, Mar 14, 2005.

1. EvilJohn

EvilJohn Guest

hello

i need some help to burn my first dvd. I know how to copy an original dvd, but i'm not sure how to burn movie files to a dvd-disc. I've got some cool snowboardmovies and i want to make a dvd so i can watch it on my dvd-player and don't always have to watch it on pc. Can someone help me? I use Philips DVD+R 4x discs and i burn with nero 6.0.0.23. I have a NEC 3500A-single layer writer.
    any help would be welcome
    thanx

2. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

if you got avi or mpeg use a very easy app alled DivxToDvd it will make ifo/bup/vob and with htese files place them in a folder called VIDEO_TS and burn them to disc...

use nero on ADD-Video tab or whaever app you use to burn etc...

----------------------------------

EDIT

if you have more than one mpeg etc use tmpgenc dvd author and add each file one by one on the ADD-FILE tab, you can make a menu and chapter pionts, so as to click each clip you want to see...

it will also burn for you to!

Last edited: Mar 14, 2005
  3. EvilJohn

EvilJohn Guest

first of all i wanna thank you rotary for your fast help but i'm not sure that i understand the last part of burning more files on one disc. i'm now using the divx to dvd-program, it goes very slow but this is probably normal?
    is it possible that you explain me in detail how i can get more files on one dvd and how to make chapters and maybe a little, handy menu so i can select the different movies?
    anywayz thank you in advance
    i appreciate your help
    greets

4. EvilJohn

EvilJohn Guest

i was also wondering if it is necessary that i first convert the files and burn them afterwards?
    Can't I just import them in nero and burn rightaway, because i takes very long to convert and i have like 20 movies. The first movie takes already 50 minutes to convert, is this normal?

5. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi there

no probs, here a picture of the app it is pretty easy to grab, just spend a bit on it!

also the app will make the chapter pionts for you and the menu! but you need to change the writing by clicking on it! put your own pictures in for background even show a still of the chapter it makes

JUST USE THE WIZARD its kool....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

use add file tab NOT! add video tab like picture its an old picture!

also how big is your mpg? it may be right that its 50 mins?

also after conversion you may not get alot on a dvdr as the file size gets bigger!

7. EvilJohn

EvilJohn Guest

okay thank you for all the info
    I'm gonna give it a try right now!!!
    This forum is great :), just like a online helpdesk that can answer all you questions.
    thank you very much Rotary

btw files vary from 200 to 400-500MB, in total i have 3,83GB of movies, do you think this fits on a 4,7GB when converted?

greetz

8. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

cant renmber the actual size difference??? but you wont get many on? 1 or 2 or 3?

look at indicator at bottom of tmpgenc as the size when you load the files!

9. EvilJohn

EvilJohn Guest

Just tried to make my first own dvd and with succes!!!
    Thank you again Rotary!!!

cheers

10. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi there

great stuff, man you got it quick!

how many did you fit on? didyou make a menu? did it work in standalone player?

did you just use tmpgenc and load all mpegs to there?

also you can edit bits out of your files! stuff thats no good to make a smaller size!

[​IMG]

also i think you can go over the indicator bar at the bottom and then DONT burn! but place files in dvd shrink to make the right size! then burn (can get more files/clips in this way!)

11. EvilJohn

EvilJohn Guest

There fit like 4 of around 400 megs sized mpegs on one dvd. but i didn't burn it yet, i am just trying out the programs and i like it already. I was thinking about shrinking the whole file with dvd shrink, but I wasn't sure if it would work. I am gonna try it when I got time and if you want, I will let you know if it worked.
    For now, I am still converting the movie files and placing them in a dvd menu.
    cheers

12. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

are you putting all the mpegs (or some of them!) in tmpgenc? say about 4 or 5

or are you converting each mpeg separate then putting the converted files in tmpgenc? if this way DONT!!!!! you dont need to sort each mpeg2 to vob/ifo/bup! tmpgenc will convert the lot (mpegs after menu making etc)put say 4 or 5 in one go and burn to with tmpgenc!!

to sort each mpeg2 separate will take forever hours and hours! theres no need tmpgenc will take your mpeg2 dvd compliant files straight off say 4 or 5 at a time and it will convert the 5 in one pass! and burn to!