1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mpeg recorded with 640x480

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by tricky1, Sep 19, 2004.

1. tricky1

tricky1 Member

I use DVDpatcher and TMPGenc dvd author to do my converting from mpeg to dvd format. Most of the time this works quite well. On MOST occasions there isnt any sync problems, I check the finished files for sync problems prior to actually burning the dvd.
    I have noticed that mostly the programs are recorded in 544x480 resolution which presents no problems using the above programs. occasionally I find one that has been recorded in 640x480, when I play this one after burning the dvd, if I play it on the computer and patch it through to the tv or watch in on the monitor it plays in full screen but playing the same dvd through a stand alone dvd player there is a black bar on the right side of the picture. Does anyone have any ideas as to why this would happen and if so is there a work around to get the picture to show full screen.

2. tricky1

tricky1 Member

Problem solved....recoded the mpg with Tmpgenc express...took a while but it worked