1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MPEG Resizer Program?

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by b3n84, Jan 18, 2007.

1. b3n84

b3n84 Member

I'm creating a DVD video compilation with MPEG-1 files for my car. I wanted to shrink the resolution of the MPEG-1 files so that I could fit more MPEGs onto the DVD when I encode them. My in-car DVD player is 16:9 format, with a 9" screen. Are there any programs out there that will let me resize MPEGs? I'm looking for one that could do a bunch at a time. Thanks!

2. MysticE

MysticE Active member

You don't have to 'shrink' the resolution, just stack them and use a low video bitrate. You could choose half D1 to really pack them in, I guess that's shrinking the resolution as it cuts the horizontal resolution in half, but will play properly in most players. That's usually a good choice for high action (in a long play situation), but you will end up with VCR quality.

3. b3n84

b3n84 Member

Thanks for the reply! how would i go about altering the bitrate? Is there a program that I could use to do a mass bitrate conversion?

4. MysticE

MysticE Active member

A program like ConvertXtoDVD will do it automatically. NeroVision Express has presets, it's Super Long Play setting goes to half D1 and uses a video bitrate of 1690 kb/s which is as low as NVE will allow which is good for about 5½ hours of video. Note that quality will be impacted, but on a 9 inch screen might be acceptable.