1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MPEG to AVI

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by meiko1, Mar 5, 2009.

1. meiko1

meiko1 Member

Hi everyone, I have a program that will convert MPG files to AVI, but it will not do it for a MPEG file. I probably tried 5 or so "free" programs,none seemed to worked or would only convert 50% of the file, any suggestions: sites or downloadable free programs. Thanks in advance for any help I get.

2. cyprusrom

cyprusrom Active member

That is strange. What program did you try?

Try Avidemux , AutoGK or Any_Video_Converter. They are all free(not trial-the ones that only convert 50% of the movie are not really free, they are shareware)
    http://www.any-video-converter.com/download-avc-free.php

Avidemux and AutoGK-you should find links them here on AD.

3. meiko1

meiko1 Member

MP4kits.com This is the site I got the program that changed MPG but not MPEG files, it does a good job on the MPG. I tried any-video-converter.com. and downloaded their program, took a few tries, but I think I have the hang of it now, no problem changing to AVI files now. Thank you very much for your help!

4. cyprusrom

cyprusrom Active member

Glad you figured it out. I like that program, even though I don't convert much anymore.