1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MPEG to DVD

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by hego, Aug 31, 2004.

1. hego

hego Guest

Hey i downloaded a movie and the files are stored as about 50 or 60 mpeg's but when i tried to burn them as 1 movie on dvd using WinDVD Creator it kept stopping and saying this application has an error and must be shut down. Any ideas on how to make the dvd???

2. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

First, a .MPG has already his own format (for a VCD it is a MPEG-1 352x240, for a SVCD it is a MPEG-2 480x480 - this for NTSC; it's 352x288 and 480x576 respectively for PAL. A such small .MPG must be a very short movie (few minutes, since 650 MB = 70' VCD = 35' SVCD movie), and cannot be a MPEG-2 DVD movie, with much higher resolution - and therefore more size/minutes), therefore burning it on a DVD is useless.
    Second: the format of the .MPG can be PAL or NTSC. With TMPGEnc you encode the .MPG in the correct format (PAL, NTSC) (if it is a MPEG-1).
    With the very good application Womble MPEG Converter you can convert the .MPG from MPEG-2 to MPEG-1 (before using TMPGenc to encode it correctly as said before).
    After that, with VCDEasy you can create a VCD, maximum compatibility (or a .CUE/.BIN image you burn with any application you have installed on your PC if your burner doesn't supports CDRDAO - check VCD site if you don't know it).
    Sorry, I don't have a DVD unit on my PC, therefore I never used WinDVD Creator.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Read forum rules!
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/2487[/small]

Last edited: Sep 1, 2004
  3. hego

hego Guest

Hey thanks ill give that ago when i get the chance thank you....