1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mpeg video/audio stream to vcd. How do i do it. Newbie needing help

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by dave9kmk9, May 28, 2004.

1. dave9kmk9

dave9kmk9 Member

how do i convert mpeg video/audio stream to vcd and will it work on my dvd player?im new at this so i would really appreciate it if you could help.

2. zoolu

zoolu Member

Hey Dave,
    There are two simple programs that you can use to do it. One is called MainConept MPEG Encoder, which encodes to VCD or SVCD quite fast (though its quality isn't the best). The other program is called Panasonic MPEG1 encoder (which costs money), and it takes usually about 6 hours to convert with it to VCD (and vcd only), but its quality is better in my opinion. If you are interested in one of these two progs just post and I will give you a more detailed explanation about it.
    good luck,

3. dave9kmk9

dave9kmk9 Member

thanks zoolu for the help. i'll think i'll try the MainConcept MPEG Encoder.

4. dave9kmk9

dave9kmk9 Member

zoolo, could you please tell me exactly what to do in Main Concept Mpeg Encoder because i converted something but i dont know what to do after that. thank you.

5. dave9kmk9

dave9kmk9 Member

i just did it with an avi file and it worked. it does work on my dvd player(im so happy)but i tried it with a couple of mpegs and it says theres an error in the conversion?

6. dave9kmk9

dave9kmk9 Member

oops never mind, it all works, thank you very much zoolu. you dont know how long ive been trying to figure out how i could watch stuff on my dvd player. thank you.

7. dave9kmk9

dave9kmk9 Member

do u know a program where you can put pictures into a format so that you can watch them on a dvd player?

8. zoolu

zoolu Member

Hey david,
    I have a program with which you can make an AVI movie file out of JPEG picture files.
    After making an AVI you can convert it to (S)VCD and then view it on your DVD standalone.
    Are you interested?

9. dave9kmk9

dave9kmk9 Member

yes i am interested. thanks for the help zoolu.

10. dave9kmk9

dave9kmk9 Member

zoolu, could you also tell me how to convertwmv files to mpeg or avi? thanks.