1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mpeg1 and multiple screens errors

Discussion in 'ratDVD discussion, help and suggestions' started by epochs, Jun 16, 2005.

1. epochs

epochs Guest

Hi all,
    i have just started converting a load of dvd's
    and got a few errors.

error1:
    when dvd > ratdvd the singing kettle, it tells me it can not convert mpeg1 file strange as they are all the original vobs on the DVD.

error2:
    i dvd > ratdvd sooty and came out @ 700mb then ratdvd > dvd to 3.5gig the dvd plays fine but when i try to play the .ratdvd in MP10 it is black and white and also has 2 smaller windows in the main window displaying the same screen.

any ideas????

apart from that it is superb, just hope that one day i can play it on my KISS box.

2. bkick

bkick Member

For error1: it is possible to have a DVD that uses mpeg1 video, it is in the spec for DVD. A friend of mine has a Russian DVD which is mpeg1. It does play on his DVD player fine. Apparently ratDVD can't handle this though. But mpeg1 DVDs are probably pretty rare.

3. epochs

epochs Guest

thanx, for that.

i ghave tried another machine with MP10 and it works fine i thibk my media player myust be a bit screwed up so will re ibstall it.

4. recca421

recca421 Member

It's fairly uncommon, but I've been burning stuff as (vcd)DVD for a goat's age now, as I get 8 hours per DVD this way. Just feed your VCD mpegs to TMPG-DVDAuthor, let it grunt away for a while re-encoding the audio, burn, and play. This format even works on DVD players which wouldn't otherwise touch MPEG1/VCDs.

Interesting to know that theese discs (which meet DVD standard) are not in tune with RatDVD's version of the DVD specs. Maybe in a later revision of the software, eh?