1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MPEG1 to MPEG2

Discussion in 'ratDVD discussion, help and suggestions' started by ivymike, Mar 30, 2007.

1. ivymike

ivymike Regular member

I am wondering if anyone here can point me to software that can reauthor or reencode DVD files that are of MPEG-1 format to MPEG-2 format while still retaining the DVD file structure. The reason is that ratdvd simply won't encode DVD files that contain MPEG-1 video.

Thanks In Advance.

2. ivymike

ivymike Regular member

What I am saying is that I need advice on which software to use which will allow me to reencode decrypted DVD Video files that contain MPEG1 video to MPEG2 or MPEG4. I'm NOT referring to the .mpeg file extension, I'm referring to DVD video objects that CONTAIN MPEG1 or MPEG2 video. For example, ratDVD encoded Season 1 Disc 1 of The Osbournes OK because the video objects were created using MPEG-2 or MPEG-4 codecs. Trinity and Beyond CAN NOT be encoded by ratDVD because it contains MPEG-1 video objects. I NEED TO KNOW what software to use to reencode the VIDEO_TS files of Trinity and Beyond from MPEG-1 to MPEG-2 format so I can then compress the movie files with ratDVD.

ANYBODY HERE KNOW?

3. spiesfan

spiesfan Regular member

I have never seen a DVD with MPEG-1 video even although it is in the spec however try dvd rebuilder in force re-encode mode but you will use quality.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2007
  4. ObeNone

ObeNone Guest

I have seen this before. Two titles of mine. The Grudge 2 and I can't think of the other at the moment. I ran them through VobBlanker and they both ratted up fine.

Grab it here:
    VobBlanker

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2007
  5. ivymike

ivymike Regular member

I tried it and it didn't work. Can you tell me specifically what settings I should have for VobBlanker?

Thanks In Advance,

6. ivymike

ivymike Regular member

I tried it now three times and ratDVD still crashed after it reached 80%. It's not ratDVD that's the problem as I've encoded other decrypted DVD's with success. It's the authoring of the disk. The video codec used on the DVD in particular is MPEG-1. ratDVD won't take MPEG-1 video. What I need is an appliance that will reencode MPEG-1 DVD files to MPEG-2 DVD files.

I know this is a tough one.
    Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

7. Clone69

Clone69 Guest

try cucusoft 7.07

8. ivymike

ivymike Regular member

I tried DVD Fab Decrypter to decrypt "Nuclear 911" and then transferred the DVD files over to the computer that has ratDVD. I was able to get the job to 98% done before ratDVD crashed. I tried again...same thing. Is there another program on par with DVD Fab Decrypter I can try?

I will try Cucusoft but someone will have to post how I go about using Cucusoft 7.07 to reauthor the DVD without altering the charecter of the DVD movie.

Thanks Again, in Advance...

9. ivymike

ivymike Regular member

I tried using Cucusoft and the program froze at 75% completion. It wound up using 300 Mb RAM in my machine so Cucusoft didn't work. As I had asked earlier, Is there another DVD ripping program equal to or superior to DVD Fab?

Thanks In Advance.