1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MPEG1

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by Celine, Nov 5, 2004.

1. Celine

Celine Member

hi! I just baught a new DVD that contains MPEG1 audio files and it just happens that i can't hear a thing when playing the movie(with mplayerC). Why that??? Are they any special codec i should install for mplayerC to be able to read the files properly?
    thanks for your forcoming help!

2. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

I don't deal with DVDs, sorry. A thing I found is that if I cannot hear the audio from a movie (which HAS it, I mean, which has a .WAV I can extract but that I cannot decode), I deal with the .WAV (in this case extracted with Virtualdub from the .AVI with Audio --> Direct Stream Copy checked [because if Audio --> Full Processing Mode is checked I cannot process it]) with BeSweet (+ BeSweet GUI) which has a lot of codecs already installed. Try it. Just choose where the BeSweet.exe is, the profile (I use WAV --> MP2 for a movie, maybe you should choose WAV --> MP3 for music in your case) to use, and the input/output file names. A correct WAV/MP3 can be compressed/decompressed with Exact Audio Copy (Tools).

Last edited: Nov 7, 2004