1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mpeg2 - dvd (easiest way)

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by pthor, Mar 24, 2005.

1. pthor

pthor Member

I have a DVD burner on my pc, and an mpeg2 file which I want to write to a DVD. I don't care about menus or anything else. All I want is a DVD that will be able to play in as many players as possible.

What is the easiest way to do this?

Price is an issue too, so preferably free software, and if not, preferably cheap :)

2. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

I have got the perfect thing for you :)

See the link in my signature? Click on that and go to the guide called <Convert AVI to DVD>. Best part of that method is all the proggys are free!!! But it does work really good. :)

Good luck

3. pthor

pthor Member

your guide is quite nice. I wonder though: it looks like DivX to DVD has to re-encode the .mpg file I feed it. Is there a way around this? I want to avoid encoding twice if possible.

Or is there another program that can do this, or maybe accept frameserved .avi's?

thanks for the help!

4. Bejay

Bejay Member

Bbyo awsummm page u got how ever i haven trouble with divx to dvd it dosnt seem to finish converting it gets so far then stops, then i have to start again then it will do the same thing gets so far then stops. i have reinstalled an download it again but same thing happens, ive tryed another movie file same thing happens. enything i can do?
    Thanks Bj

5. andmerr

andmerr Guest

Have you tried just to re author the file with tmpgenc dvd author as the file is already in a dvd compatible format.

6. Bejay

Bejay Member

Found the problem.. i had nother program running same time as converting with divx dvd closed it and it worked fine thanks for the post an easy to follow instructions bbmayo

7. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Sorry I was a little late, but that was going to be my first guess and then usually the heat produced by your processor. Well I'm glad to see you got it worked out.. :)

pthor,
    Your best bet to be able to watch that mpeg on a standard DVD player is to run it threw DivXtoDVD so you can get all the files needed .VOB, .IFO, and .BUP those will be what you need to make a standard compliant DVD. If the file is already to DVD standards it won't do much conversion anyway so it won't take that long :)

8. pthor

pthor Member

so am I understanding it right, that Divx to DVD doesn't re-encode if it's a standards-compliant dvd, but it's simply checking and ensuring that compliance?

9. andmerr

andmerr Guest

thats one way of putting it!!

10. pthor

pthor Member

well then thanks a lot guys for your help! bbmayo, thanks a ton for the guide.