1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mpeg2 to vcd

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by elloco101, Mar 4, 2004.

1. elloco101

elloco101 Guest

is their anyway i can make my mpeg2 into a vcd. i tried with other programs but they say it can't be done because i need to purchase a plugin. i tried to burn it with roxio but it says the file is to big for a 650 mb cd. but i heard it doesn't handle audio and video to well. please help me.

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

Depending on the Type of Mpeg2 file it is (Resolution,Frame Rate,Audio format) and the Type of DVD Player you have you Might be able to Burn it as a XVCD...But the File will have to be Under 800mb for it to Fit on a 700mb 80min CD-R or if you only have 650mb CD-R"s the Mpeg2 file better be under 750mb...
    All you need is to Change the header on the File to a VCD Header useing Tmpgenc..You run Tmpgenc and then go to "File" to "Mpeg Tools" to "Simple Multiplex" and Load in your Mpeg2 file and then change the Dropdown Menu to "Video-CD NON-Standard" and then click "Run" and it will make a New File..Now Burn this File in Nero in VCD Mode and when it says the File isn"t VCD Compliant Just Burn it anyways and Hope it Plays on your DVD Player...The Mpeg2 file might be SVCD Compliant so you can Try burning it as a SVCD but if None of this works you just will have to re-encode the File to VCD useing something like Tmpgenc or the "MainConcept Encoder".....Cheers