1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mpeg2 Viewing Problems

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by crowkid, May 23, 2003.

1. crowkid

crowkid Member

I sometimes download svcd releases from aol and they usually come packaged in a bin/cue format. The problem I have with them, is when I burn them they dont play on my computer or dvd players. So, I extracted the mpeg from the bin, and I try playing it in Windows Media and it says "ClassFactory cannot supply requested class" and it wont play. Now this happens every time I try to view an svcd file. Whats the solution to this error?

2. PlusOne

PlusOne Member

Are you trying to burn the disk as a VCD/SVCD or just a plain data disk? Anyway, with a product like NERO, etc, you can just extract the MPEG (ignore the cue), select VCD on the wizard, and NERO will burn the disk in a format most DVD players can read. You can also choose (File menu) to burn image, and load the cue file, and NERO will set everything up.

That error is suggestive of either a bad file or a missing codec (probably the later). In order to view MPEG-2 files, you will need a software DVD player like CyberLink PowerDVD. There is a freeware one, BSPlayer, however I have not had much luck in using it for anything.

3. crowkid

crowkid Member

I am trying to burn as an SVCD, because the file is an mpeg2. So, obviously I have to do it in SVCD. And no, Nero, nor any other program burns it correctly to be viewed in any dvd player. It finishes the burn, but just wont play. Again, I need to find the solution to the source of the problem , which is this "Classfactory cannot supply requested class" error...Thanks for the assistance though...Anyone else?

4. PlusOne

PlusOne Member

As I stated in my post, that error (which sounds like a RealOne error, at least to me) is either caused by not having the correct codec or a bad MPEG file.