1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mpeg2 white square problem

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by kidkhaos1, Nov 8, 2003.

1. kidkhaos1

kidkhaos1 Member

sorry if this has been asnwered bfore but i couldn't find it in the forum.
    whenever i play or do anything with mpg2 a small white cube is bouncing along the screen, i ignored it at first but now its getting irratating, help plz

btw i can't find the program ELECARD decoder in my add/romove programe and when i use search all files/documents which i was told is responable

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

Well the Elecard decoder is your Problem...I looked over then net to find a way to uninstall it without the Uninstaller and I found if you go and Install the Elecard decoder again it will put an Uninstaller on your System that you can then use to uninstall the Decoder...You would get much better Playback Quality if you used a Real Mpeg2 player to Play your Mpeg files Like WinDVD or PowerDVD...

3. Daise

Daise Member

The white cube, you see on the screen, is the Moonlight's Logo and it tells you that you use the evaluation version of the Moonlight-Elecard MPEG-2 Decoder and its supported period is expired.
    to solve the problem you have 2 variants:
    - purchase it, costs just $20
    - uninstall it, can find all the info on their official site, in the Player's FAQ:

http://www.moonlight.co.il/consumer_play_faq.htm

;-)