1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mpegs still over sized using tmpgenc

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by sydneygal, Jun 16, 2003.

1. sydneygal

sydneygal Member

I know this question has been posted many times before, and I've looked through every single one following all the instructions, but still no joy:

Backing up DVDs to a 800MB CDR using DVD Decrypter, DVD2AVI .NET edition, and Tmpgenc Plus2.5.

Decrypter and DVD2AVI works fine, but the file always seems to run over about 200MB in Tmpgenc.

Settings I am using:
    Stream Type: System (Video+Audio) / NPEG-1 Video
    Size: 352 x 288 pixels (I'm in Australia)
    Aspect Ratio:4:3 625 line (PAL)
    Frame rate : 25fps

Rate Control Mode : CBR
    Bitrate : 935kbits
    VBV Buffer : 0

Motion search precision : I keep setting this on Highest but it keeps reverting back to normal?

Video Source Type : Interlace
    Field Order : Bottom Field first
    Source Aspect Ratio : 4:3:625 PAL
    Video Arrange Method : full screen

Audio
    Stream Type:
    MPEG-1 Audio Layer 2
    Sample Freq 44100hz
    Channel Mode Stereo
    Bitrate 160kbits

Stream Type : MPEG - 1 Video CD (non standard)

After this I use the wizard, and adjust the bitrate and sound til it fits within the 800MB, but it always ends up burning over ;( It was all working properly until I had to reformat my computer.. so what am I doing wrong? Is there some obscure setting that I have missed ? Please advise me ..

Regards,
    Bonnie.

2. dbecker

dbecker Regular member

are you using 'force film' in dvd2avi??? I have found when I did that and then did not do the 3:2 pulldown I would end up with a 1gig file (just like yours). what is the frame rate of the movie to begin with???