1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mpg dosnt work

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by kory, Oct 20, 2003.

1. kory

kory Member

the other day i downloaded a movie off winmx and its an mpg and i want to watch it on my dvd player. program to change avis to vcds, so i first looked for a program that changes mpgs to vcds, i couldnt find any of them. so i started looking for something that would change a mpg to avi and i couldnt find any of them but as i was lookin i looked at alot of message boards like this one and i was reading one and it sayed that mpg was the same as a vcd so i burnded it to cd then stuck it in my dvd player and a blue screen poped up that had about 16 boxes and 2 of them had the word "root" in them and when i clicked in eather of them did not work. am i doing something wrong here??? help me!!

2. alxdotnet

alxdotnet Guest

First of all, no discussions about piracy are allowed on AfterDawn, so I'll assume you were downloading to back up a movie you already own.
    If the movie already is in MPEG-1 format, you're almost done. Instead of burning the file to CD directly, use VCDEasy ( http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/video_tools/vcdeasy.cfm ) to burn the movie to CD. Your player should then begin playback automatically.