1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MPG music videos and re-encoding

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by seamonkey, Feb 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. seamonkey

seamonkey Regular member

ok, i've tried to search the forums and the web.. but i haven't found a true answer i seek.

Here's my plan and what i want to do:
    I have been downloading music videos in mpg format. I want to create a VCD or SVCD to bring to my buddies place this weekend to use as music for the party. He has a dvd player that does play vcd and svcd files. I have tried to burn the mpg files to cd-r with Nero burn, but the quality is crappy and a few of teh mpgs do not obey the rules of video fps and audio bitrate.

Can i use adobe premiere to re-encode them or even re-author all of the clips and perhaps make my own mpg music video remix with my own clips and so on?

Also, is it possible to do a loopback with my Dazzle video capture device from my RCA outputs on the video card (hook my dazzle inputs into the S-Video outputs on my Geforce, then setup overlays so my video will play fullsize on the TV out and re-capture the video and sound)?

or am i making this way too complicated?

I just want a bunch of music videos on a vcd that doesn't get so blocky when the video is re-encoded with nero adn also some of teh audio needs to be boosted or normalized?

thanks, if i am too confusing, shoot me some questions..
    peace
    seamonkey420_X_X_X_X_X_[small]'knowledge is power, spread the power'
    -Athlon XP 2000+, 740MB DDR-SDRAM,HP DVD200i DVD+R/+RW, 100GB and 60GB WD HD
    -XBOX w/Matrix mod chip and 60GB HDD
    http://www.geocities.com/daseamonkey420 or
    http://www.geocities.com/seamonkeyguides[/small]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.