1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mpg playing length problem in wmp10

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by futureeg, Mar 23, 2005.

1. futureeg

futureeg Member

Hi,

Recently, I started having a serious problem with some of my *.mpg video clips. WMP 10 will report the length of the clip less than the actual length, even then it will play the full clip.

This also happens with other players except of VLC which is the only player will report the correct length of the clip.

I checked the clips with GSpot and it reported the correct length also.

I think this is some kind of codec or OS-based problem. Like I said, this just started recently- these files used to play fine and still play fine in any other PC. I uninstalled all my codecs and reinstalled them, but it didn't make any difference.

This doesn't happen with AVI files, just with certain MPEG-1 files,

Any ideas?

Thanks

2. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

No. I would just suggest you do get the excellent (and freeware) BSPlayer and see how it works..
    BSPlayer also plays MP2, MP3, VOBs, loads subtitles...it's my favorite movie player

3. futureeg

futureeg Member

Thanks for your reply but no, I tried BSPlayer and it has the same problem, it shows that the clip is 3 seconds long while it is 15 second. The only player which shows the length correctly is VLC because it uses its own codecs I think....