1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mpg to my IPod

Discussion in 'iPod discussion' started by vexture, Jul 14, 2007.

1. vexture

vexture Member

I finally got an Ipod. I took me a while but I have it! However I have two questions.

Ok, I have some mpg music videos on my decktop PC that I want to put on my Ipod. But Itunes says I must convert them or something or other. So I highlighted them, right clicked and hit "convert to Ipod". Now Itunes is converting them to M4V. And it is taking forever. Is this want I am supposed to do to put them on an Ipod? and is there a fast way of doing it?

Aswell, Once I get these music videos on my IPod I want to put them on to my laptop. Is there any way of doing this?

Thanks for any help and sorry for the Noobish Questions,

2. mrxxg

mrxxg Guest

iPod can only support mpeg4 video, you will need to convert mpg to mp4 format, see this forum guide for help http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/297023 , to copy the music videos from ipod to your computer, you will need to have a 3rd party tool to help you as itunes blocks the ipod-to-computer transfer...see ipod to computer for help..get ipod to computer transfer, it can copy songs, videos and playlists from your ipod to computer.

3. david94

david94 Regular member

ok you can use jodix video converter which converts most videos to mp4, fast and no watermark on screen and it is completly safe and free to use at www.jodix.com