1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MPG2 Encoder for TMPGEnc

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by TDivine, Jun 7, 2003.

1. TDivine

TDivine Guest

TMPGEnc is forcing me to purchase an MPEG2 encoder (now that 30 days have passed). I have an MPEG2 encoder that I purchased from Ahead/NERO. Can the Nero encoder be used with TMPGEnc or do I have to buy a second copy?

2. Shoey

Shoey Guest

You can use the nero MPEG2 encoder but not recommended. In my "early" days of backing up svcd I burned my encoded mpeg2 file(s) using Nero and [bold] many [/bold] I had to redo. Nero is great for VCD, SVCD= not worth the effort. (Just my honest opinion)

Shoey :)

3. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

Nope not at all!! TMPGEnc Plus doesnt cost much and thats what u should get, or u could get Canopus ProCoder, or if you just happen to have $2000 lying around u could get CCE SP!

4. Shoey

Shoey Guest

TMPEnc Plus will produce just as good svcd video playback (MPEG2) as Canopus ProCoder will and less expensive. CCE is by far the fastest encoder of the three and produces superior video playback as well.

Shoey :)_X_X_X_X_X_[small]Certified Computer Technician
    http://www.afterdawn.com
    Main Website^ (Afterdawn)
    http://www.afterdawn.com/general/legal.cfm
    Forum Rules^
    Mobo: KT4VL MSI-6712
    CPU: AthlonXP Barton 2.5
    Ram: 512 SD-DDR (PC-2700)
    nVidia GeForce4 MX440-8x
    ATA\133 hd[/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2003
  5. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

One thing i find canopus procoder better for is MPEG-1, it doesnt have the annoying pause that TMPGEnc has! The one that everyone new on the forum complains about. Not even a big pause, just like a fraction of a second but when things move slowly its clearly visible and it gets soo annoying!!

Of course I dont gotta worry about it anymore since I use CCE SP anyway but i'm just adding that in there!