1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MPGE-1 encoding questions

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by winnt, Mar 15, 2003.

1. winnt

winnt Guest

Video editing systems that I have used (PixelaImageMixer for Sony ver1.0, InterVideo WinProducer 3)
    provide a very poor MPEG-1 encoding. So I capture material in an AVI format and then encode it into
    MPEG-1 stream via TMPGEnc.
    Question. I want to create a single (MPEG-1) file of may many MPGE-1 clips. Most video editing programs allow
    me to do it but due to a very poor encoding quality I prefer to stay out of these tools.
    Any ideas? How about MPEG-2 (SVCD)?

2. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

Well SVCD will have much higher quality than MPEG-1 no doubt about it!! However you would need a good encoder like CCE SP with DVD2SVCD to create a very good quality encoding!!

I think the question you asked is thatyou want a lot of small moeg files as one big mpeg file, is that right?? If it is then you can actually just use TMPGEnc. click file - mpeg tools and click the merge and cut tab. Click add and add all the mpgs along the list. Then its as easy as typing an output mpeg filename and clicking run and dont forget to make sure type is MPEG-1 System Automatic or MPEG-1 VideoCD if you are creating VCD!

3. winnt

winnt Guest

Thanks a lot, Dela, for your input!
    I shall check CCE SP with DVD2SVCD for a high quality encoding and probably go with SVCD. TMPGEnc created (from a a very high AVI source) VCD and SVCD visual quality on WMP was nearly the same (noone at this side could distinct these 2 video formats) so I choosed to stay with VCD.
    Yes, cutting&mergingis is what I was looking for. Great that there is such feature in TMPGenc.
    p.s. I'm a newbie in digital video world :)

4. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

lol, well welcome to the digital video world then :)