1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MPIO DAV-1212D problems

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by whoombat, Aug 12, 2007.

1. whoombat

whoombat Member

I got this home theater system 20 months ago and it has been playing dvd's with the built-in dvd player no problem (all kinds) since then. That is until now. I just came back after a month's holidays to find out that it will no longer play DVD's, but it can still handle external sources (another dvd player, radio). I opened the receiver/dvd player and saw that when a dvd is inserted, it doesn't spin. Also the laser is on a slider contraption and it keeps moving towards the dvd, gets to where it is supposed to be, but it keeps trying to move in the same direction , making a chopping sound. I tried cleaning the laser, manually stopping it from spezzing out, but it still doesn't work. Any help? Please don't say buy another one or a new dvd player because i have 6 or 7 functioning dvd players in my house; i just don't want to throw it out if it can be saved.

2. whoombat

whoombat Member

THanks for the help everyone... the problem fixed itself; I just put in a dvd today and it played... interesting...