1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MPT Discovery Problem

Discussion in 'Motorola phones' started by deAnguelo, Jan 15, 2005.

1. deAnguelo

deAnguelo Guest

Hey gang, this is my first post. I've read nearly the entire PM's about the V3 and MPT 3.11h problems, but I haven't seen a clear explanation of my delima. I just purchased a V3, and subsequently MPT for, basically, synching with MS Outlook. The MPT installed fine, but it can't "discover" my V3. MPT indicates "No Devices Discovered" (even after I try every option it suggests). I'm running SP2 on XP, which may cause the problem (you would know better). Can anyone tell me what is stopping my V3 from being 'discovered'? Motorola Customer Service is no help at all. They told me "Software Support is unavailable until Monday". Well, so is my Bank Account. Please Advise!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2005
  2. rockdawg

rockdawg Regular member

So you actually purchased the CD and it didn't come with drivers for your phone? You ought to get your money back and then download the software for FREE.

In any case, you should check out the CD and see if there is a directory for USB Modem Drivers. If there is, there is probably an INF file in there for your phone. Right click on it and select INSTALL.

Also, I installed MPTs (for my V220) on my desktop with no problems and it has XP service pack 2. About a month and half ago when I first joined the forum, many of us thought that SP2 was the cause of some problems installing the tools. I, personally, haven't found that to be the case. But everybody's computer setup is different and there are numerous factors to take into account which make it close to impossible for any of us to troubleshoot with any degree of success. One poster suggested checking for USB updates for your computer. Especially if your computer has a VIA chipset. If you have a name brand computer, check out their support page for any such updates to your PC: BIOS, USB, other drivers. Also, make sure Windows is completely up to date, including the drivers for your video, LAN, modem, sound, etc. If you built your PC, check out the motherboard manufacturers web page for similar updates (again, ESPECIALLY if your motherboard has a VIA chipset - VIA is constantly updating their Hyperion drivers.)