1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mr. Brain's Faggots

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by Nephilim, Feb 7, 2004.

1. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

There was a link to this site on a humor page I visited and I got a real kick out of it because of the popular connotation of the word faggot here in the states.

I just have to ask you fellas across the pond, are these for real? Are they any good? They just look like regular meatballs.

Please educate an uncultured Yank on the finer points of Mr. Brain's Faggots.

http://www.mrbrainsfaggots.com/

2. forkman

forkman Member

Yes they are for real,and they are very tasty.

3. Nephilim

Cool beans :) I want to try some! Are they usually the main dish or just something on the side?

4. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

Ya, I can smoke a fag between my checks and eat a faggot. You have to love British slang when living in North America. A radio station in Canada 97.7 Hits, would always do parodies on all these Now considered Not Pollically Correct jokes. The Brits just think there normal.

5. forkman

forkman Member

They are the main dish Its the gravy that is realy tasty, you have them with mash or chips (Thats french fries Prisoner).
    PS Prisoner we talk proper over here we call a cab by Its real name a Taxi.

6. forkman

forkman Member

I would send you some Nephilim but they come frozen and there's probably a law against it anyway.

7. Nephilim

I appreciate the thought :) U.K. to Arizona would probably see them go very bad before I got a tase. Trying them will be on my "to do" list when I eventually venture to the U.K. I'd like to be able to visit buildings and such that are truly old and have extensive history. In the States you're hard pressed to find significant structures much older than 2 or 3 hundred years old. There are plenty of Indian ruins here in Arizona that are very old but, while fascinating, there isn't much to them. My brother is in the Air Force and when in England he was able to see an ancient Roman road that was still around. I'm a history nut and would love to take in as much as I could as well as have a few pints with all you fellas over there :)

I'd look you up as well Prisoner but I don't know if I could find you under all that snow up there in Canada!

8. forkman

forkman Member

I understand what you mean I've always wanted to visit the states, The Grand canyon in particular.
    Maybe one day when all the kids have left home.

9. Nephilim

The Grand Canyon absolutely has to be seen in person. It just blows your mind. It's about 5 hrs north of Phoenix where I live. If you do make it to AZ be sure to check out the recently opened Kartchner caverns.

Here's a bit on it:

"Kept secret since its discovery in 1974, Kartchner Caverns, 12 miles south of Benson, Arizona, was announced to the world in 1988. Still virtually pristine, this massive limestone cave has 13,000 feet of passages and two rooms as long as football fields. Finally opened as a state park November 12, 1999, this underground wilderness will remain protected while offering visitors a rare tour through multi-colored cave formations. The temperature inside the caverns averages 68°F year round, with the humidity at 99%."

I've yet to go but really want to. When they first opened it the waiting list to go was several months long! My brother was also stationed in New Mexico and told me about going to some of the caverns there at dusk and watching the bats come out. He said it was just like a huge black cloud swirling out of the entrance and into the sky. Cool stuff!

Forgot the dang link :)

http://www.pr.state.az.us/Parks/parkhtml/kartchner.html
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Gigabyte 8INXP, Intel P4HT 3.06
    Mushkin 1024 MB PC2100
    Sapphire 9800 Pro
    Plextor PX-708A/Plextor Premium/LTD-166S
    M-Audio Revolution 7.1
    Bald is Beautiful[/small]

Last edited: Feb 10, 2004
  10. forkman

forkman Member

Saw a holiday program on the canyon about a year ago and back then the waiting list was about one year as the local authorities would not alow any further hotels or suchlike buildings to be built.

11. Nephilim

Very true, they've been pretty strict about keeping the nature parks as pristine as possible.

12. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

Sorry Forkman, I meant brits think the commercials are normal. It still is a topic here as well, thus why the commercial parodies. Every once and a while you here some ask to talk in the true Queen`s english. Quite odd, a request.
    Not too much snow here in Toronto, we complain but it is nothing compared to out west. I have been to the US quite a few times, but have never been to the grand cannon. I definetly want to go some day. As well as to the UK. I would mind taking a month out, visiit Ireland, Scotland and Britian. See if I can find some relatives.

13. forkman

forkman Member

Prisoner
    no offence taken and none intended,I see the funny side of just about anything.
    Here's one for you If a man go's into a shop in the States and asks for a rubber he will get a condom if however you asked for one in the Uk he would get an eraser.If he asked for a Durex he would get a condom, but if he asked for a Durex in Australia he would get sticky tape.
    The moral to this tale is if your in another country and you wish to get laid make sure you know what you'r asking for.

14. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

Ya in Canada a rubber is an eraser as well. But the best one is a french tickler, ask for one of those in the states and you will get a different experience than expected.

15. Bitcount

Bitcount Guest

The link did'nt work for me, noooooooo. BTW in canada we call an eraser, an eraser, to be honest i've never heard it being called a rubber, but then again i live in quebec, and things are more different here than the rest of the northern hemisphere, cuz we have "poutine". Try and guess what it is. (if your canadian and know, no telling)

16. Nephilim

Prisoner, what the heck is a French Tickler in Canada?

Je m'appelle David. 17 years ago I took French in high school and that's all I remember. I probably didn't even spell it right. I live in Arizona and could use Spanish on a daily basis but did I take Spanish in school? Hell no. I took French. I chalk it up to being an idiot teenager.

Am I to assume "poutine" is something uncouth? Are we about to start a game of "Guess The Sick French Word"? If so, I'm in! You got to let me know if I'm getting warm.

17. forkman

forkman Member

Is It an inflatable faggot.

18. Nephilim

An inflatable meatball?

19. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

Well I am not going to tell you what poutine is, but it tastes very good. I did lead you on a bit, only some english speakers refer to condoms by that name, as I think it was an old brand name, similar to Durex and Trogan.

20. Nephilim

Is it a certain female body part?