1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ms Dashboard won't boot on UnleashX.

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by DiMaclay, Dec 23, 2008.

1. DiMaclay

DiMaclay Member

Newbie here, so please, use softlube and be gentle. (and yes, I have searched the forums here and all over the internet to find a solution)

My girlfriend got an older Xbox from his brother, and we wanted to play it on a HD Widescreen plasma TV. We got the component cables and I changed the settings on the UnleashX Dashboard to enable Widescreen/480p/720p/1080i rebooted and nothing happened. The games looked exactly as before, no change on the resolution, except that some games like "Burnout: Takeout" and "Matrix: Path of Neo" wouldn't fit the screen properly as they used to without the component cable. After searching the internetz for a solution, I found out that, I needed to enable the HD options on the MS Dashboard as well. Problem was that I didn't found how to do that, then I learned that I had an older version of UnleashX. Tried to update it through the FTP Flash. However, I feared that the Xbox would fry, so I just installed it in the Apps folder. It worked, and now I have the MS Dashboard boot option. But when I clicked there, nothing happened, it just freezed on the loading screen. So, searching (yet again) the forums, I saw that it was possible booting the MS Dashboard through the File Explorer App. I clicked on the file named "original.xbe" it went on the loading screen of the MS Dashboard, and then I got the Error 21.

So, as you can see, I've already tried and done a lot (for a n00b anyway) but I just can't figure this out. I need to know how to boot the MS Dashboard, how to make the updated UnleashX my default Dashboard, and then, install the XBMC as an app. (already found a tutorial for that, but just in case) All the forums that I've checked talk about versions, evox, Ndure, chips, Slayer and Aid discs, EEPFROM, Enigmah and stuff like that that I just can't understand... (i don't even know if the Xbox has a modded chip or not).

I know that I'm asking for a lot (mostly, a guide for dumbs), but please help!

2. rodzandz

rodzandz Member

I'm having this exact same problem.
    Any advise?

3. DiMaclay

DiMaclay Member

Well, since no one wanted to help me in this forum (or any other) I jus went to play on our xbox the way it was... But, I thought that I should try to change the settings (480p, 720p, 1080i, etc) in the recently installed UnleashX dashboard as well as in the old UnleashX installation...

And damn! It worked!

I didn't had to install the original MS Dashboard, it worked just fine with the newest version of UnleashX.

Hope this helps, if not, PM me (I learned a lot surfin' through the forums) and I'll be happy trying to help you.

(lots of inflated ego around this forums but not a single so and so wants to help)

Last edited: Mar 9, 2009
  4. varnull

varnull Guest

It's been answered so many times before that we really don't give a toss

you found the answer.. bad path or look in the settings,.. have a nice day.

5. rodzandz

rodzandz Member

Thanks man! Your one of the few good guys around here!
    Anyways, I managed to fix it by installing the newest EvoX dashboard, which allowed me to access a fully functional MS Dashboard and I made the changes there! Thanks for the reply tho'!

6. xbox104

xbox104 Guest

hey i have code 21 . I took off the softmod.now I can not play games
    i do not want to open it if if i can . can i reinstall the dashboard.is there a cd to reinstall startup screen.

7. xyteam

xyteam Member

well you could try downloading aid(auto installer deluxe)and try and install a new main dash in your xbox.
    if that dosent work then it looks like you might have to open up your xbox and do a hotswap to resoftmod it as you want be able to use the gamesave exploit.like you said you cant play any games on your xbox.
    hope that helps.

8. xbox104

xbox104 Guest

xyteam-what thing do i need to put autoinstaller 1.3

GO CAVALIERS

9. xyteam

xyteam Member

you have to burn aid to dvdr and then put it in your xbox if it loads up then you can put in a new dash for your xbox,but if it dosent work then i think you might have to do a hotswap if you can t load games or if you have deleted your gamesaves.

10. xbox104

xbox104 Guest

xyteam-can i use a cd-r not rd-dr .i have light scribe will that do

11. xyteam

xyteam Member

you would be best to use a dvdr and use dvd-decyptor to burn the aid iso file once you have downloaded it.
    just make sure and use a brand of dvdr that is compatible with your xbox.

12. xbox104

xbox104 Guest