1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MS Paint

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by Gizmo101, Mar 11, 2007.

1. Gizmo101

Gizmo101 Member

My toolbar box on paint has dissapeared and before you guys ask me have i gone to view>text toolbar i have and its ticked but not there, i think i might of moved it off the page and can't get it?

any ideas how to get it back? please help

Last edited: Mar 14, 2007
  2. ireland

ireland Active member

if ye are looking for paint in xp or windows 2000 its under start accessories then paint.

3. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

moved to correct forum

4. Corypolo

Corypolo Member

Hi Gizmo101.

I know what you mean; the text tool bar used to be...somewhere...it was always available to define text format even if you were in the drawing mode. Now, in "View" on MS Paint, the text tool bar seems to be always checked but grayed out until click the big 'A' and start typing something; then, the text tool bar can be selected and viewed.

Don't know; I'm guessing it's some sort of bug with the OS, but at least it's still accessible when needed the most.

5. Gizmo101

Gizmo101 Member

I have opened a text box and the tick is next to the text toolbar and it is lit up, I think I have moved it off the page, is there anyway to get it back?

6. msnitemar

msnitemar Member

OK, I joined this forum JUST TO GIVE YOU a SOLUTION to this problem.

I was experiencing the exact same thing. I repeatedly clicked SHOW THE DAMN TEXT TOOL BAR UNCLE BILL (Gates). And Uncle Bill didn't want to no matter how many times I said OK, DON'T SHOW IT, NOW SHOW IT. CLEAR THE DAMN DESKTOP, HUNT FOR IT. SHRINK PAINT, WHERE THE $##$%@#$% IS THE #$#%*#@#$% TEXT TOOL BAR. HOW THE #$^%*#*$%#@@^*% CAN I CHANGE THE $#&%&^*(^($@@# FONT IF THE TOOL BAR DOESN'T SHOW?!?!?

Maybe I need to drink less coffee.

So I went to google to search for paint and text toolbar bugs and found this forum and this question/thread.

And I read it and there was no answer here...but there was a clue in the original post.

They said "MAYBE I MOVED IT OFF SCREEN" and I remember that last night I was looking at web pages I had developed in both 800x600 and normal 768 x 1024 and Paint was open at that time and Uncle Bill doesn't always put things back where they belong. i.e. many tool bars SHOULD appear withing the frame of the application, but you often find them floating around some place else, behind things (at least I do) so I have to close applications to go find floating tool bars.

And so I resized my screen DOWN again to 800x600 and then scanned the screen and sure enough...there at the bottom of the status bar was this tiny little GRAY BAR - barely visiable above the horizon...I said AH HA I BET THAT IS THE $#$%^*#@! TOOL BAR and dragged it back onto the screen. Sure enough. Then I resized and for the moment, Uncle Bill has allowed me to use the Text Tool Bar again.

That guy should take his philantropic money and pour it into shrinks for all the mental health damage his shoddy QC has done to the U.S. - nay - the world!!!

The reason graphic artists and web developers stay up all night is because when we try to sleep the MS NIGHTMARES CONTINUE!