1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ms word,office,office 365

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by rtrg, Apr 6, 2020.

1. rtrg

rtrg Regular member

I am looking to get one of these products to replace my existing suite because as I understand it these software all contain OCR built into the app which allows scanning a document INTO the app for editing or dragging and dropping a file into the app instead or both. the edited document could be saved in the app as DOC,DOCX, TXT, or RTF. not to use JPG, ect. it can be then printed. this is what all free and paid similar apps should be capable of. which is mostly not the case.

my issue is what EBAY sellers are offering, either a product key for a specific app for next to no $s, with activation included for 1 or more years and 1 or more computers. OR a physical CD with a lifetime subscription included in the purchase up to 5 computers using the same license which will activate the app. this is for a suite of apps written to 1 CD. all OS's down to vista up to 10. this does not sound correct to me. if I buy a key and download the app that goes with it, does this mean the key will be accepted and the app will activate? or is that too good to be true? if I download is there a way to bypass the key and still be able to have a working app? the seller sends me full instructions to my email through EBAY. opinion? are either of these choices worth trying without getting burned?

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

moved to correct forum as NOT a pc hardware issue.