1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MSCONFIG Booting

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by ps2gen, Sep 15, 2007.

1. ps2gen

ps2gen Regular member

I have disabled some programs from starting in my msconfig, and the booting time is much quicker, but everytime i boot up a dialogue box pops us saying something on the lines of "your startup has been modified or changed with msconfig, causing msconfig to load everytime windows starts"
    Can anyone provide me with a solution, so that my bootup settings stay the same, but the msconfig doesnt load up.

2. LILBUCK

LILBUCK Guest

yeah this was the same thing I encountered, My memory is a little fuzzy but I remember a "do not remind me again" on that pop up. I clicked that and every thing was good to go.

3. ps2gen

ps2gen Regular member

Ah, you see, when you click the dont remind again button, it resotres the msconfig to its defaults, only leaving some of the changes you made but restoring most of them.

4. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

the dialog box is just a notifier and does not restore settings made. What startup programs are you trying to disable on startup?

5. ps2gen

ps2gen Regular member

ALL APART FROM MY ANTIVIRUS, ANTSPYWARE AND FIREWALL

6. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

some things will restore themselves as they are part of the system, but other apps that are not part of the system can be shutdown at startup.

7. ps2gen

ps2gen Regular member

Thts the point. i want to shut them down before startup, so that i can have a faster boot.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2007
  8. ireland

ireland Active member

set every thing back the way it was with MSCONFIG

and use this instead

[​IMG]

Startup Control Panel

Startup Control Panel is a nifty control panel applet that allows you to easily configure which programs run when your computer starts. It's simple to use and, like all my programs, it's very small and won't burden your system. A valuable tool for system administrators!
    Startup Control Panel is compatible with all modern versions of Windows through Windows XP. Windows Vista, after all these years, finally has a very good startup manager built-in; go to Control Panel > Performance Information and Tools, and then click on Manage Startup Programs on the left.

link
    http://www.mlin.net/StartupCPL.shtml

9. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

If you can, post a pic of your msconfigand the apps you are trying to disable.