1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

msi 975x cant find any fdd error?

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by elokito, Mar 21, 2007.

1. elokito

elokito Regular member

i get this message when starting the bios it says press esc to continue i do that and everything goes on but what is fdd and how do i get the message off?

i did the basics,reset bios,remove ram sticks,clean any dust and yes the capacitors r where they should b

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

floppy disk drive. do you have 1? if not than is it enabled thereby causing the error. if you do have 1 than reseat the floppy drive data cable at both ends & make certain the power connector to drive is seated properly.

3. elokito

elokito Regular member

i dnt have one plugged and on the bios i disabled the drive this started happening when i took one of my video cards to clean the fan then plugged it back in, yes the video card is in correctly

4. steimy

steimy Active member

5. elokito

elokito Regular member

look there is an update 4 the bios that i NEED only prob is i have vista and i dnt know how to update the bios since the read me of how to flash the bios seems to b written by a 5yr old also the readme is a guide of how to flash all bios not mine especifically so its harder

steimy u have the power up edition that supports c2d mine doesnt

look here the bios says it fixes the ddr2 533 ram my ram is recognized at 667 and if i put in the bios 533 it still runs at 667 so any help on how to flash my bios would b GREATLY appreciated

link: http://www.msi.com.tw/program/support/download/dld/spt_dld_detail.php?UID=713&kind=1

i need some1 to run the utility on win xp so it copys the files to a floppy then put those files from the floppy to a zip and send them to me with the instructions (i know this sounds like alot but my friends either have vista or no floppy on their pc's)

6. steimy

steimy Active member

7. elokito

elokito Regular member

1st to flash the bios u need a floppy it doesnt do it within windows (which i find that extremely stupid considering my old pc chips mobo from 4yrs ago had that technology)

2nd it doesnt work on vista (msi makes video cards with dx10 like the 8800 which forces u to have vista IF they know that y the hell dont they make their applications vista ready?)

8. steimy

steimy Active member

yeah, that does kind of suck. I only used the live update once. If everything works fine i see no reason to update the BIOS because then i have to go back in there and reset all my settings because it goes back to it's default when it flashes the new BIOS.
    i looked around and just could not find and good information on an FDD error on the web. Hope you can get it sorted out.

9. elokito

elokito Regular member

if i flash the bios the prblm will b solved (i assume)so any help on updating my bios would b great