1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MSI MS-8348 and Nero

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by TheRabbit, Jan 7, 2003.

1. TheRabbit

TheRabbit Member

Hi all.
    I've a problem with the MSI 48x/16x/48x CD-RW Burner. In 75% of the case burning failded with my nero 5.5.10.0 and previous version :(
    The error message concerning an SCSI problem !
    Here is the information given in the Nero log file when the soft verify writen data :

21:40:45 #25 Text 0 File Scsicmd.cpp, Line 406
    SCSI not using temporary buffers
    20 out of 20 temporary buffers allocated

Sometimes data writne finish but in these case some file are completely wrong !!!

My configuration is a W2K SP3.
    I've try with Nero 5.5.7.x and with my latest 5.5.10.0 and the problem is the same !!

Any idea ?
    Thanks.

2. TheRabbit

TheRabbit Member

Hi all.
    Other informations about my problem !

I've try with another CD Writer : a plextor 48x (the 48/24/48A model) and I've the same problem ! It occur when I use standard CD but not if I used the Plextor RW disk at 24x !!!!! Yes an RW at 24x work great but standard CD-R at 16x don't work !

Please help !!!!!!

3. bengos

bengos Member

Mainly the same problem. A lot of burning fail. When it successes the disk is unreadable.

Problem has appeared after installing Nero 5.5.10. No issue with 5.5.9.14

4. dwarfje

dwarfje Member

I experienced the same problem, but I solved it by changing the IDE-controller settings.

Go to control panel > System > Hardware > Device Manager > IDE controller (the one where the burner is connected on)
    Look at the properties for device 0 or device 1 (depending where the burner is connected on) and change the transfermode from DMA to PIO mode.

That's should do the trick.

Dwarf