1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MSN Messenger 7.5

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by DrShadow, Sep 16, 2007.

1. DrShadow

DrShadow Member

For some reason, everytime I try to log in, it says there's an update avaiable and I HAVE to update to it - I REFUSE to go to windows Live! How can I stop this damn thing stopping me? It was working fine a few days ago ><

2. 2o9

2o9 Guest

Im guessing that you can either go to options or preferences and choose the option dont automatically update, if you dont have that option, let windows update run the update for msn. I had that problem and once i updated the thing went away.

3. DrShadow

DrShadow Member

Yeah, already done that, ages ago. This update won't let me log on AT ALL unless I 'update' to Windows Live. I HATE that piece of crap so much though ><

4. muslim

muslim Guest

5. DrShadow

DrShadow Member

The features that patch provides are cool, but not what I want.

Maybe I wasn't making myself totally clear? LEt me re-itterate.

Microsoft, being the bastard it is, has decided that anyone using window XP and using MSN Messenger HAVE to update to Windows Live, because "there's no reason you shouldn't update to the greatest version of MSN Messenger!" - 'grestest' is an EXTREME exaggeration. 'Worst' would be more accurate. They are FORCING us to use a piece of software which, in mine and many others eyes, is a load of shit. I could elaborate deeper into why I detest it, but I can't be bothered.

What I'm enquiring for is a patch which will bypass this damn 'mandatory' update and will let me use MSN Messenger 7.5 without any further hassle. If anyone is in possesion of such or a thing or capable hacking/programming it, then I would greatly appreciate it, (as would many other people, no doubt.)

Thank you.

6. muslim

muslim Guest

hmmm i get it now you want to remove the update feature from msn 7.5 well i will ask some friend who has an idea about these things :)

7. muslim

muslim Guest

i tried this but didnt like the result but try it you might like it.
    1. Go to C:/program files/Msn Messenger/ (open the folder)
    2. Search for msnmsgr.exe right click this file and choose properties
    3. Choose Compatibility check the box that says : Run this pogram in compatibility mode for
    4. Choose windows 2000
    5. Click apply and ok
    6. Restart your Pc

That's it i am sure the update/upgrade will not appeare anymore. I tested it myself.

8. DrShadow

DrShadow Member

Woot! It worked! =D But with that a-patch thing MSG Plus! Doesn't work )= Is there a way around this cos I kinda like the a-patch x3

*EDIT*

Okay it wasn't the A-patch doing it >> The whole setting it to compatibility mode made MSG Plus! not work, and makes it crash from clicking links ._. and more things

Any other solutions? >>;

Last edited: Sep 29, 2007
  9. DrShadow

DrShadow Member

*waits*

10. muslim

muslim Guest

Sorry Dr i am waitting for a reply also about that :(

11. DrShadow

DrShadow Member

Gah, shag it.

I'm on Live now.

Not so bad once A-patch is used.

And you replace the DIGUSTING sounds.

Seriously, they cut through me.

Now when people sign on it uses the tone from Windows Messenger 4.7 =D Can't beat those sounds.

And nudging is my friend saying "CHEEEEESE!" in a cure voice x3

Changing the sounds never worked for 7.5...

And not a single crash/disconnect yet! =o Still hate the whole having to click like 3 times more than you used to though x.x

12. muslim

muslim Guest

:) sorry friend but till now i got no reply hope i could help more

13. DrShadow

DrShadow Member

Kay well guess I'll just suffer Live then *sigh*

Ah well, thanks anyway