1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MSN Messenger add-ons

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by david07, Jan 19, 2006.

1. david07

david07 Member

i have msn-plus and it's great, like the sounds, boss protection, all convos in one window etc. i'm wondoring what other good add-ons for msn messenger are. and i had a friend who had a program that showed what the other person was typing, when he exited the convo, and other things, does anyone know what this program is called and where i can get it? thnx

2. Glitched

Glitched Guest

mess.be

3. rav009

rav009 Active member

that site will have every you want for fidling with msn instant messenger...including the very anoying msn unlimited nudges where you can send thousands and thousands of nudges without pausing and the victim will not be able to get off the screen.

i personaly dont mess with my msn...and msn plus is just adware.

4. Glitched

Glitched Guest

adware??

5. rav009

rav009 Active member

yes mesenegr plus is adware, microsoft anti spyware found it AND it also tells you when your instaling that you are about to install a component that is deemed adware but keeps the rest of the program adware free.

6. Glitched

Glitched Guest

ohh ic ic

7. rav009

rav009 Active member

yeh thats why i dont mess with my programs...i would never install adware..thats just dumb.

8. Glitched

Glitched Guest

most of my friends have msn plus i feel sorry for them now lol

9. rav009

rav009 Active member

(double post)

Last edited: Jan 21, 2006
  10. rav009

rav009 Active member

if your freinds have it then im sure there anti adware/spyware program wouldve found it.

im surprised, geuss microsft anti spyware deserves more creddit.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2006
  11. Glitched

Glitched Guest

i have win98se microsoft antispyware doesnt wrk:(

12. rav009

rav009 Active member

dont worry about microsoft anti spy not working its not all that great acualy...98se are you thinking of changing your os or are you happy with it, ive never used 98 se.

13. Glitched

Glitched Guest

lol i need a new computer, I heard great stuff about microsoft anti spyware

14. rav009

rav009 Active member

fair enough, this would be a good time to buy a new pc as there cheap well atelast around here by me (coventry,england) probaly because of the new os thats comming out next year windows vista witch so far seems crap.

15. Glitched

Glitched Guest

It sounds exactly like windows xp except its going to upgrade its inner programs....

16. rav009

rav009 Active member

yeh thats true,i saw that they are trying to make it more of a home entertainment system than a computer...

17. Glitched

Glitched Guest

I guess this is the fall of Microsoft......I have no clue how to upgrade winxp to something better like you could see the differences from 2000 to xp but i cant seem to see something like that done to the next microsoft os

18. Daniel_G

Daniel_G Guest

Rav009, if you would have taken some time to do some research on msn plus, you would know that it DOES NOT install any of the adware that it contains UNLESS you choose to allow it.
    *it offers to install the program with a sponsorship add on, which is the addware/mallware. if you choose not to install the add on, you won't have any of the cr*p. and just so you know, microsoft anti spyware is the ONLY program that complains about msn plus, ewido and Ad Aware SE don't bug me about it, and do not recognise it as a threat.*

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2006
  19. rav009

rav009 Active member

hmm well i didnt install the adware component and like you said microsoft antispyware was the only one that complained.

it does say though when your instaling if you dont install the adware component then the program will not be adware free?

20. Daniel_G

Daniel_G Guest

If you choose to install without the sponsor, the addware will not be installed, but some of the files msn plus uses are flagged because they are used by the program and the addware.

And btw, the main reason microsoft anti spyware complains, is that microsoft is ticked off that patchou refused to sell his program over to them in recent talks between the two, and ever since that msn plus has been flagged as a real threat, rather than a possible threat.