1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

multi dvds and how to ripem

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by boyland, Feb 10, 2003.

1. boyland

boyland Guest

hi ppl ive got a multi movie dvd its got a menu at the start and there are 4 films on it
    toy story 1
    toy story 2
    buzz lightyear
    and fantasia
    my quyestion is how do i rip out to my HD the film individually
    thanks for all help
    the prog ive got is smartripper but i keep getting an error message say some of the files are locked try unlocking them
    but when i use power dvd to unlock them thre are no indvidual chapters cus all the 4 chapters are the 4 films
    so please help there must be a simple way out of this

2. menmaddi

menmaddi Regular member

I can't help you with smartripper as I use DVDDecrypter. If you download DVDDecrypter you can read the disc in 'File' mode.

Each set of vts files probably represents each movie/extras.

You can then rip each set seperately, edit them in Ifoedit and burn them individually.

3. BobE

BobE Member

I am a newbie, so let me see if I have this straight. I have used Smartripper to select the chapters and break a long movie into two separate discs to be burned. I then used HomerJ's check list he at thread 16109 and used Infoedit to do the stuff it takes to ensure the correct VOB's and BUP's and IFO's are correct. I know I should have a burnable set of files but Nero ver 5.5.10.7, always tells me some VOB or IFO or something doesn't match and that I could have an error. I am going to go over HomerJ's directions again and try a different movie and see if it works. How does DVDDecrypter differ from using both of the above programs? Please tell me why I should be using DVDDecrypter versus something else.

4. boyland

boyland Guest

yea sorry shud have reposted but i was busy yesterday
    using smartripper
    i first unlocked the files using power dvd
    then i opened up the files and becus there were 4 films on the multi i ripped the 1 I wanted checking the vob and if0 and bup files for that movie then put it to hd then i had to use dvd3one to select the film and language and 25 minutes later it was ready to burn
    and its done

5. menmaddi

menmaddi Regular member

BobE

I use DVDDecrypter as a matter of personal preference.

boyland

Glad to here you figured it out.