1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi-iso creator for linux

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gamecube - General discussion' started by dubliette, Nov 7, 2008.

1. dubliette

dubliette Member

Hi. I have a modded wii and i want to put my gamecube games onto to discs together. but i can't seem to find a multi-iso creator for linux. please help all the other programs i used are windows and they won't open with wine. thnx

2. varnull

varnull Guest

You aren't going to find a windows type program for linux either..

How do you need the iso's on the disk?.. do they need a menu or what?

Look at another multi game disk and see how it's done. Probably just a load of iso's burned as data files and nothing more complicated than that.

3. dubliette

dubliette Member

you don't even know what ur talking about do you? u can't burn more than one iso file onto a disk and if u dont burn them as a iso they
    READ as an iso. U use the multi-iso creator to combine lots of iso files in to ONE and burn them onto a disk. to read them u use emukids GCOS 4.0 final multi-iso reader. but thnx anyway.

4. varnull

varnull Guest

and you know less than nothing about the use of english do you?

NO.. I don't know anything about your toy and it's formats and applications.. I'm a linux user with a brain and a life :)

You can burn as many iso's as you want to a DATA disk.. so it's you who doesn't know crap about anything. HOW are the files on the disk?.. if this "mulit iso creator" sh-t thing whatever it is joins all the iso's up end to end into one big file then that's what it does... but if it does that then how does whatever the hell application it is see where each one starts and ends?.. Still sounds to me like all it does is makes an iso out of a heap of files and then burns them as a heap of files to a DATA disk.. pretty bloody pointless really.

You didn't even answer my very sensible question.. what happens when you put the disk in a pc and browse the disk contents?

oh .. and learn to use ENGLISH before you attempt to communicate with me again...

5. dubliette

dubliette Member

what the hell do u mean by use english? this is english. do u want a definition? i know that you can burn as many ISO files to a disk as u want but the Wii does not read them and u have the burn an ISO as an IMAGE or the wii won't read it as an IMAGE. Duh!!! Plus the wii isn't designed to read multi-iso games so u need a special program to read all the games in a multi-iso file. plus u can only burn one Iso image to a disk at a time, that's why u use multi-iso creator, which is specifically designed for GCOS, to create an ISO image with multiple images in it u need the multi-iso creator. yes it is used to put the ISO files together into one file but they are put together so that the files are still seperate and can be read seperately. Duh!!! and i may not have a life but at least im smart enough to research before answering such a simple question.